Anyone have a 1988 F150? and could do me a favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a 88 F150 thats not running at the moment because a wiring harness connector corroded and came apart under the hood and a lot of the wires are different colors etc so i don't know which wires go to what and was hoping someone else who had one could either snap me a photo of both sides of the connector or at least tell me which wires line up with what so i can connect them back together.

its under the hood on the left fender well behind the air box, its a gray connector with 12 or 13 wires going in each side.

I think the 1987's are the same but i think those are the only 2 years that are the same wiring wise.

maybe a haynes/chilton has a wiring diagram, but that is what you really need.

I have an 87 f150, inline 6. I will try to get the wire match ups tomorrow for you.Does the airbox have to be removed to see?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lubener
I have an 87 f150, inline 6. I will try to get the wire match ups tomorrow for you.Does the airbox have to be removed to see?

Do you still need info??

I just checked mine. If its the rectangular 12 conductor connector on the left inner fender, it is a splice connector. Mine is color for color for all connection points on that connector..Good luck with it.

sorry I haven't been checking up on this, work and stuff, blah.

anyways thanks for the responses!

i've tried another forum but i would appreciate more photos if you would so i can confirm that the harnesses are the same.

yes its a 12 pin connector and i guess where the main problem was is that there are 13 wires on one side because two of them go to one pin.

but yes I could use a photo of each side of the gray connector on the left fender well.

thanks again, much appreciated.

would really like to get this going, have a ton of wood to haul yet this fall.

I don't have the means to take a good photo of it.The color stripes are faded enough where a photo wouldn't do you any good. I did notice that one pin had two wires going to it on one side. They were both the same color and matched the same color on the other side.So everything was the same color. The harness I was looking at ends up in a nice holder, under the brake booster and then goes downward next to the fuel filter and then to the rear.

yeah some of the wires on each side of the connector are the same color then for some reason there are some that are completely different. gonna give it a shot on getting it going sometime this week.

Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
yeah some of the wires on each side of the connector are the same color then for some reason there are some that are completely different. gonna give it a shot on getting it going sometime this week.

I sent you a PM with the connector diagram, pinouts and color designations from my electrical manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back