Looking back at C.A.R.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomioka

$104 Site Donor 2024
Also known as Cash for Clunkers. I'm browsing for old trucks (300 I6 Fords, OBS Chevys) and the private used truck market seems sparse then I remembered how Cash For Clunkers took out most of the used truck market by destroying the engine making them unsaleable. The videos of hard to kill engines were entertaining and the motive behind the program and the aftermath was moronic at best.

Last edited:
Obligatory
18.gif

I think also since gas is cheap at present demand for trucks is pretty high. During $4 gas you could find a pickup truck for what you think they should go for.

I tried to sell a saturn and it took almost 2 months to get $900. When gas was pricey a similar saturn would move right away.

People want luxury today and luxury's shaped like a truck.

Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
Cash for Clunkers was a stupid political exercise that did nothing but destroy good parts that could be used by others.
+1

One thing that is causing the reappearance of super cheap used cars is the collapse of scrap prices-when you could scrap anything over 2000 pounds & get $200+ for it, prices were higher. Now the same junk is only worth $80-90. Don't forget trucks are used to make money, hauling tools, lumber, even scrap-that makes a good (or even mediocre) truck worth more than a car in the same condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back