PQIA looks at four more HDEOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always Tom, thanks for the information. I am looking forward to the tests for CK-4 oils in the future.

I was browsing through some of the PQIA 2016 dino oils they just listed and i noticed some changes in the oils listed there comparing them to the 2013 samples PQIA has listed on their site.. There are some changes..

Rotella dominates the class, as usual !!
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
cool.gif

It does?
My take from the two rounds of HDEO VOAs PQIA posted is that these oils all looked very serviceable without the larger variations you see in PCMOs.
I'm using Delvac ATM but have used Rotella in the past as well as Castrol Tection Extra.
Ironically, when we had MB 240Ds, I never used HDEOs in them, although I probably would today.

cool.gif

Curious as to why Rotella dominates the class? The Valvoline has more Mg, Ca, Zn, higher TBN and lower NOACK. Same for the Delvac 1300. I'd honestly run any of those oils they tested, except maybe the Mystic but only because I prefer not to send my money to Venezuela. PQIA is awesome!

OP thanks for posting!

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
cool.gif

Curious as to why Rotella dominates the class? The Valvoline has more Mg, Ca, Zn, higher TBN and lower NOACK. Same for the Delvac 1300. I'd honestly run any of those oils they tested, except maybe the Mystic but only because I prefer not to send my money to Venezuela. PQIA is awesome!

OP thanks for posting!

I agree, I've always been a Rotella fan but after seeing this the Valvoline Blue may get a run in my Ford PSD next! Thats some great looking oil!

Is group III (as Rotella t6a) really good for Diesel soot cleaning? I think group II+ and fully syn are better. Group 2 Have more branched molecules to natural dispersion and fully has esters for the same matter. That's why majority leaded fuel vehicle maintenedors prefer mieral group II. The branched makes the polarity way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back