SECURITY WARNING POPUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a Security Warning popup on every downloaded Favorite I have been using for years. The popups say" File Download Warning" "name-unknown file type from C/User/ed/favorites" and the option of Open or close. This is a nusence and I have used these sites for years without this popup intervention. Is there an easy way to circumvent this? Thank you. Ed Hayes

Try going into Disk Cleanup and selecting to delete Cookies, Temporary Files, and Temporary Internet Files. You will lose any saved auto-login usernames and passwords when deleting Cookies, just be aware of that beforehand.

download malwarebytes *on another computer* to a USB stick then install it on the affected one.

Malwarebytes is awesome. It got rid of an early version of ransomware on my computer. I recommend it in addition to Spybot Search & Destroy. I use both regularly.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Malwarebytes is awesome.

Yep. I registered the Pro version for $19.95 back in, I think, 2013 and it keeps staying up to date downloads new full versions as they come out, all without the registration fee recurring. Only paid it once, and still receiving new versions.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
madRiver-please explane. I have done the Malwarebyts and disk cleanup but, it didn't help. Ed

Please give details..

this is like saying Car broke how I fix.

AT a minimum we need:

1)what internet browser
2)what version of operating system(windows)

Optional but helpful.
3)a screenshot of the issue.
you take a screenshot with the print screen key on the keyboard
and add it to a post here with the image upload button
5th from the left on the post reply screen.

Without those you might as well google for your answer.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Have a nice day Rand. Ed

You too. Its hard to give advice without proper details of situation.

Sorry ed the forum is hard to work with from my iPhone with its new operating system.

I don't think you have any virus or malware as checks indicated. I think your bookmark files are bad. Try creating a new favorite and see if message appears. If no then open each favorite save into a file(notepad) and delete from your web browser.Once done readd them one by one and bookmark or use favorite.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9
This has nothing to do with a virus/trojan, so Malwarebytes won't solve anything. The latest IE update KB3185319 caused on Windows 7.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...89860dac?auth=1

That Microsoft help thread is talking about Windows 10 ... so I'm assuming the update will also cause the same thing in Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back