Corvette owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Patman had a 1998 vette that he put a lot of miles on before trading it in for an 05:

Click Me!

He drove the 98 in snowy winter weather in Canada and had it hand washed by shop each week to keep it looking nice.

Nice looking Vette! That's one thing mine will never see....snow! Because here, it's always accompanied by salt...no way my Corvette will be subjected to that terrible vehicle destroyer!

2lue5hk.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: marine65
Be sure to give your Vette a good shine with NuFinish.

That stuff won't come anywhere near my Vette!

Good luck with the search, bro. As badly as I wanted one, I had to settle for my Mustang because I couldn't fit comfortably in a Vette. I'm a huge fan of the LS engine.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Good luck with the search, bro. As badly as I wanted one, I had to settle for my Mustang because I couldn't fit comfortably in a Vette. I'm a huge fan of the LS engine.

Mustangs are nice too, but I've already had one of those...owning a Vette has been a lifelong dream of mine...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: marine65
Be sure to give your Vette a good shine with NuFinish.

That stuff won't come anywhere near my Vette!

I'll buy a bottle on line and have it shipped to you.
But we need a video of you polishing the Vette with it.

Steering Wheel Position Sensor is a known issue. When they go out, the car goes out of control, usually when braking.

Fuel level sensors are a known issue as well. If they are no good, that's a big job.

Did both for a friend of mine.

Patman had a 1998 vette that he put a lot of miles on before trading it in for an 05:

Click Me!

He drove the 98 in snowy winter weather in Canada and had it hand washed by shop each week to keep it looking nice.

My 98 was a lot of fun, but I do like my 05 even more. The C6 was a pretty big improvement in every way over the C5. But the C5s are a great bargain right now, as the prices on C6s are still pretty high. The value of my C6 hasn't even dropped in the 3 years I have owned it, I paid $27,000 for it and could still get $27,000 for it right now if I were selling. But I plan on hanging onto it for a few more years and then trading up to a C7, but those prices need to drop a lot more. I don't drive my 05 in rain, let alone snow, this one is getting babied big time!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman

Click Me!

My 98 was a lot of fun, but I do like my 05 even more. The C6 was a pretty big improvement in every way over the C5. But the C5s are a great bargain right now, as the prices on C6s are still pretty high. The value of my C6 hasn't even dropped in the 3 years I have owned it, I paid $27,000 for it and could still get $27,000 for it right now if I were selling. But I plan on hanging onto it for a few more years and then trading up to a C7, but those prices need to drop a lot more. I don't drive my 05 in rain, let alone snow, this one is getting babied big time!
smile.gif

I have been told the C6 has many improvements over the C5, and you're right about the prices. C5s can be had at a bargain, which is one of the reasons I want one. Another reason is I prefer the hide-away headlights to the fish-eye headlights on the C6. Also, it's kind of a nostalgia thing for me, with the C5 being the first version considered a world class sports car....the C7 is an amazing car also, but I haven't yet warmed up to it's transformer-like looks yet...

I'd like to add that you shouldn't really be scared off by an earlier C5, as even the 97s are reliable. Yes, they did make many improvements long the way, especially in 2001, but if you find a real clean example of an earlier model at a good price, go for it!

Originally Posted By: bandz7
I also own a torch red z06. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! Some 01 z06's burned oil, yet they were re-ringed under a recall.

Make sure the climate control displays properly. That's a common problem that they don't work correctly. It will display red lines before it doesn't work at all.
The smile is what Vettes are all about. A had a neighbor wear out 3 vettes in the 26 years I lived in the neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back