Your tire choice for comfort, and low noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious for those who want a smooth, comfortable ride with low noise with reduce vibrations what is your tire choice.

Last set of tires I put on my daughter's CRV was a set of Yokohama AVID Ascend's. I had a chance to drive her car yesterday and I was very impressed by the ride, road noise, handing and how well they were wearing. I'll buy these again. Cooper CS5 Grand Touring are excellent as well.

Tires were just mentioned in another thread so without further adieu......my tires ARE (drumroll, please!)

Continental ProContact (basic ones in 95T). They're quiet and wear well.

I'd recommend them to anyone for automotive application. Cheers

Truck/SUV tires: Michelin LTX M/S2....getting renamed as Michelin Defender.

Kumho. They tend to run on the soft side, so while they don't last very long they absorb all the bumps and noise.

Some of the european tire tests even have a dB reading for every tire they test. I can't find the link at the moment.
I find road texture is the greatest influence in tire noise, most of my local highways are very smooth so my noisy tires run quiet enough. Some rougher textures though really bring out the noise in the tires, and I'd probably have to pick different tires if ran on pavement like that most of the time.

Originally Posted By: Kira

Continental ProContact (basic ones in 95T). They're quiet and wear well.

I'd recommend them to anyone for automotive application. Cheers

+1

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Truck/SUV tires: Michelin LTX M/S2....getting renamed as Michelin Defender.

Big huge +1 on that.

I was surprised how quiet the Goodyear Forteras on wife's Grand Cherokee are, but they're still marginally louder than the LTX M/S2s on the older Grand Cherokee were.

Best I've had on the SRT are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.

Originally Posted By: mctmatt
Just curious for those who want a smooth, comfortable ride with low noise with reduce vibrations what is your tire choice.

Very pleased with my Continental ControlContact, (DT's version of the TrueContact) tire.

These are 225-65-16 on a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan.

What car? What tire size?
smile.gif

Been happy with Michelin Primacy for my bigger sedans.

The Continental DW/DWS whether summer or all season are pretty good.

TX, prolly not to much snow and ice... So a good dry tire will always be quieter than M+S tires.

You got a Caddy or a Lincoln? Maybe a set of Vogue's? Or Goodyear comfort Air's? Yokahama makes some nice quiet tires too
smile.gif

Go to Tire Rack and sort by quiet/comfort ... No "green" tires. They are made stiffer to lower rolling resistance, but that leads to ride issues ...

Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring.

Only tire that I've bought more than one set of. Yes, they're that good. They're quiet, and ride nicely.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Kumho. They tend to run on the soft side, so while they don't last very long they absorb all the bumps and noise.

I'm curious about the Kumho Solus KR21 which has a really high 85k mile warranty. It is squarely in the middle of Tire Rack's Standard Touring survey results. Treadwear is rated 7/10 so I am not sure what Kumho is smoking.. maybe they like honoring multiple warranty requests.

Originally Posted By: SR20DE
Originally Posted By: Reddy45

I'm curious about the Kumho Solus KR21 which has a really high 85k mile warranty. It is squarely in the middle of Tire Rack's Standard Touring survey results. Treadwear is rated 7/10 so I am not sure what Kumho is smoking.. maybe they like honoring multiple warranty requests.

We had some Michelin hydroedges with a huge treadwear rating that came on the CRV. They were aging out/cracking before wearing out and were noisy too. Unless you do huge mileage I think a high treadwear rating is almost a bad thing, as the tire is compromised somehow to get that rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back