Oh, no.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the starter and participant in several threads about spelling, grammar etc I laughed like a madman when I came across this today.

fashion_police_and_grammar_police.png

Nooooooo! LOL

Thanks to XKCD for making this and many other fine comics!

-- The word "judgment" is spelled wrong.

-- The word "literally" is superfluous.

-- Bullet-point points-of-view appear to be inconsistent.

Yes, I had fun typing this.
smile.gif

Last edited:
So that's what college graduates majoring in English do.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
-- The word "judgment" is spelled wrong.

Is it though?

-- The word "literally" is superfluous.

There's no room for emphasis in humour?

Yes, I had fun typing this.
smile.gif

Me too.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Kuato
As the starter and participant in several threads about spelling, grammar etc I laughed like a madman when I came across this today.

There should be a comma after the word "grammar" and a period after "etc" in your sentence. The part of your sentence "when I came across this today" is poorly phrased. It would read more cleanly if you had written "today when I came across this", or "today when I came across this childish cartoon".

Grammar matters if you believe in the idea that a consistently and evenly applied communication standard keeps the world running. It's no different than the XML that lets you communicate across the web or the language that ATC uses to keep planes from crashing into one another.

From the graphics police...the protesters shown have no faces or feet and insufficient room in their torsos for internal organs.

;^)

I have always hated the spelling "judgment", although I know that it is generally accepted as the correct one. "Judgement" just makes more sense to me...I think I use both and don't worry about it too much.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Kuato

There should be a comma after the word "grammar" and a period after "etc" in your sentence. The part of your sentence "when I came across this today" is poorly phrased. It would read more cleanly if you had written "today when I came across this", or "today when I came across this childish cartoon".

Perhaps I should have left it thusly:

I saw. I laughed. I shared.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back