HF - New Earthquake XT Impact Wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know one or two people who work in shops and swear by the earthquake wrenches over the more expensive ones.

Definitely going to get one of these some day

At that price point the Aircat and German made Hazet with even more torque come into play, I'll pass.

This is almost the same price when you take the VAT off. 1253 ft.lb, 8000 rpm, German made, 5.07lb weight,4.9 CFM, 2yr warranty. there is no comparison.
I can get it from my tool vendor for $145 on the door.

http://www.hazet.de/produktkatalog/product_info.php?products_id=896188444

The Aircat out performs the HF and is even cheaper, also 2yr warranty not 90 days like the HF.

http://www.tooltopia.com/aircat-1150.asp...CFRJZhgodJ0INJg

When you look at the specs, the air consumption (the lower consumption means a more efficient air motor), the torque, RPM, weight and warranty the HF is not looking like a such a good deal

Originally Posted By: Trav
At that price point the Aircat and German made Hazet with even more torque come into play, I'll pass.

This is almost the same price when you take the VAT off. 1253 ft.lb, 8000 rpm, German made, 5.07lb weight,4.9 CFM, 2yr warranty. there is no comparison.
I can get it from my tool vendor for $145 on the door.

http://www.hazet.de/produktkatalog/product_info.php?products_id=896188444

The Aircat out performs the HF and is even cheaper, also 2yr warranty not 90 days like the HF.

http://www.tooltopia.com/aircat-1150.asp...CFRJZhgodJ0INJg

When you look at the specs, the air consumption (the lower consumption means a more efficient air motor), the torque, RPM, weight and warranty the HF is not looking like a such a good deal

Prepare your inbox. Lol.

The people of BITOG may want you to buy some Hazets and ship them to us.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I use the old style daily.its a great tool

No offense but whats so great about it? Its low spec, high CFM and has a lousy warranty with no support.

No offense but whats so great about it? Its low spec, high CFM and has a lousy warranty with no support.

Trav, you bring up some valid points. I will have to check out your links.

IIRC I paid less for my Aircat 1150 during a sale on one of the tool sites. For the money the Aircat is a great tool.

I used a 20% off coupon on top of a sale price on the 1/2 earthquake old model. It's a little heavy but I don't use it every day. I got it for $63. The price I paid makes the tool a great value to me.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
IIRC I paid less for my Aircat 1150 during a sale on one of the tool sites. For the money the Aircat is a great tool.

I looked at the aircat online. Does it have only one setting for loosening fasteners?

The HF looks like it's got three forward and three reverse settings.

Originally Posted By: JC1

I looked at the aircat online. Does it have only one setting for loosening fasteners?

Yes I believe it has one setting for loosening things.

One speed reverse but you can feather the throttle, its a non issue really. The Aircat is a very good gun with a good warranty and support, you can even call them (888-424-7228) if you have any problems or questions, for me that has value.

Originally Posted By: Cressida
I am waiting for a few more reviews on this new compact model:

http://www.harborfreight.com/super-compa...ench-63064.html

HF is stepping up their game no doubt but so are their prices, you can get quality brand name for these prices with much better warranties and service.
Originally Posted By: HF
We guarantee this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship 90 days from the date of purchase. Limitations apply

For me that's a deal breaker.

One speed reverse but you can feather the throttle, its a non issue really. The Aircat is a very good gun with a good warranty and support, you can even call them (888-424-7228) if you have any problems or questions, for me that has value.

Thanks guys. It's not a must have item for me right now, but it's good to know that there are options out there.

It cost $69 and lives on my hose crimping table. Every hose I crimp (several a day or more) get ran down with it. I have had it atleast 5 years and i does what I need it to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back