How is Wal-Marts prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the gun. Lately they only seem to offer the common stuff like Marlin Model 60's. Ruger 10/22's, Remington 870 Express, etc. The prices on them are all good. They use to offer Weatherby Vanguards, and a few 870 Wingmasters. But I'm not seeing too many of those lately. I think it depends where in the country you live.

None here in Cleveland sell guns. But, I buy all of my guns on-line and ship to my FFL and pay him $25

The gun industry isn't a Wal-Mart slave. There are many gun shops. So Wal-Mart can only get what is able to be high production demand or available.

They just can't tell the Gun maker to lower prices by 30%, build enough in xxx weeks to meet store consistency and demand.... and that is a good thing!

Last edited:
Another thing out here that kills Wal-Mart gun sales, is the fact we have Cabela's, Bass Pro, and 3 Sportsman's Warehouse's all within a half hour drive. Not to mention gun shops and shows galore.

Originally Posted By: Doog
None here in Cleveland sell guns. But, I buy all of my guns on-line and ship to my FFL and pay him $25
none of the California stores sell guns either. I was wondering what if anything I was missing

WalMart will price match guns i think. You can order any gun made. If you ask them they pull out a 300 page binder with all the guns currently made and they can order it for you. They are pretty reasonably priced.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
WalMart will price match guns i think. You can order any gun made. If you ask them they pull out a 300 page binder with all the guns currently made and they can order it for you. They are pretty reasonably priced.

No handguns though, right?

I don't think their prices on firearms are anything special, but I cant buy one there.

I got a misdemeanor traffic ticket arrest in 1978...it doesn't specify misdemeanor or felony arrest for me when they run my background check...point is I always come back delayed on my form 4473.

Walmart will NOT transfer me a firearm; I understand this is the OPTION of the FFL holder in a firearms purchase...I don't really care because there are three other major retailers of firearms within 15 minutes of me...Gander Mountain, Sports Authority, and a local shop that does quite well.

My personal irony in the situation is that I have a concealed carry license and I lawfully carry concealed when shopping at Walmart...but they won't transfer me a firearm. Go figure.

Edit: And no, I've never seen handguns at Walmart.

WM try to be rigid in many areas. My Dakota V-6 came with a certain battery, but when I bought it it had a slightly bigger battery, which the local WM would NOT replace. Same with tires, had to replace with what they say were original, despite my manual showing a different official size, which I had on vehicle.

If possible, buy online thru a nearby FFL Dealer. Some even live in your nearby subdivision neighborhoods. Other than that - should I desire to hold the gun first, I go to a regional store chain like Dunhams, Cabelas, Gander Mountain or ****'s.
None of the Walmarts in this area sell but 4-5 different guns anymore. Less & less Walmarts even stock shoulder guns these days.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
I'm just wondering if Walmart has better pricing on guns than other stores.

I know their ammo prices can't be beat
Their .22 ammo prices are great. You can beat their centerfire ammo prices pretty easy on the internet. Their gun prices seem so so. Unless you hit them on a clearance like I did a couple weeks ago. $300 Marlin .45-70s. $200 Ruger Americans.
grin.gif

I'm just wondering if Walmart has better pricing on guns than other stores.
gh to get there when they hafe the stuff in stock.

Originally Posted By: Doog
none of the California stores sell guns either. I was wondering what if anything I was missing

They do in other parts of Ohio....but in Kommie Kuyahoga County they don't. This county wants to have all of it's own laws unencumbered by all of those silly State laws and US Constitution. My FFL is a Vietnam Vet so I support him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back