What tires you rolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Escalade, Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/70 17
BMW 328i, Dunlop signature II 225/50 17
Beater, Delinte DH2 185/65 14
Camry, Falken ze612 205/65 15

I'm satisfied w the all around performance of these tires in normal driving/commuting where I live (mostly dry weather) for the prices I paid. Falkens are louder than I like. Even the delinte are performing good.

Last edited:
Falken ZE329 on the Impala
Doral... somethings on the Malibu

The Falkens wore way too quick, overall okay performance.
Dorals are wearing exceptionally good, car is 90% highway usage.

Expedition: Firestone Destination LE2 -- I'm usually a Michelin man, but the price was right on these. They've been great. Will probably do them again when it's time for new tires on this vehicle.

Rabbit: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S -- Love them!

S2000: Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec -- An older performance tire, but still pretty decent for a street/track tire. I'll probably try the RE-71R or something like it next time as this car just doesn't see much time on the street and I'd rather have more grip on track.

I have fallen in love with my Kuhmo Ecsta 4X/4X2 tires. They have insanely good grip and are probably the first tire I have had on my Protege actually last more than 30k miles.

I am digging the Dunlop direzza dz102's on one of my rx7's as a grippy summer tire and the other rx7 is on some falking ziex 912. Great in the rain, but just above average elsewhere.

I know my tires are not the standard types of tire run on the forum as I have no regard for mileage and only want a tire that offers good grip under an all season UHP tire or under a Summer tire.

Ranger - Michelin LTX MS/2 255-70r-16
Accord- Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring 195-60r-15
Bronco- Cooper Discoverer AT3 265-70r-16
Crosstrek- stock Yokohama Geolandars - don't remember the size

Michelin MS/2 on the truck, 75,000 on them now, They will run too at least 100K, Mild dry rotting....Not as bad as the A/S I had a couple sets back. OK wet traction. They suck in Mud & light snow but not a big concern to me.

Goodyear Assurence Comfort-Tred on the Corolla, They dry rot worse than any Michelin, Grip sucks.....No more Goodyears for me!

BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2 on the Camaro, Too new for me to say much about them except they have great wet grip/traction for a dedicated HP summer tire.

Focus - facory contipro contacts will be replaced in 2 weeks. 40k 4/16"
Taurus - RT43 only has 10k on tire, were new last fall
F150 - factory Wrangler AT-S. 45k and 7/16" tread left

Explorer Sport=Goodyear Eagle GT
Fusion Hybrid=Goodyear Eagle RSA
Cruze RS=Continental Sport Contact
Canyon Z71=Firestone Destination AT (Camo
wink.gif

Hope you get a better run on the BFG's - I got 33k and Lincoln's head rejected them ...
DT did give me an adjustment for the Conti's ... I did not even have to ask ...

2003 Cavalier- Yokohama Avid Touring S 195/70/14
2004 Cavalier- General Altimax RT 195/70/14
2006 Cobalt - Cooper CS5 Grand Touring 195/60/15

All have been solid tires..
smile.gif

General Altimax RT43s on my Camry. Not too impressed. Handling has been sloppy from the beginning. Imagine driving your car into a huge bowl of mashed potatoes. Ok not that bad, but not too great. Old tires didn't do this.

I've also had 1 or 2 defective tires so far after 22,000 miles. After a rotation I had a crooked steering wheel and it pulled to the opposite side. Then Discount Tire swapped them left to right, steering wheel was crooked in the other direction and it pulled opposite again. It also wandered on the freeway. Then they road force balanced the tires. This gave me a major vibration on the freeway. Then they rotated the right side tires and the vibration went away. They replaced that tire under road hazard warranty for $16. But it still didn't drive right, and I was planning on just buying 1 new tire to replace the other one but I have to drive through the industrial part of Phoenix, ran over a screw and they couldn't fix the tire. Lucky me, another $16 tire. Drives straight as an arrow now, I put both new tires on the front.

But now I have a minor vibration that's driving me nuts. I didn't even have a vibration with the spare on.

Sick of these tires. They were cheap though.

A mix of a few different tires, all low-quality, size 205/65-15 for a Maxima

I plan on replacing them with either the Falken Ziex ZE950 if I stick to only one set of tires year-round, or buying two sets of tires for summer and winter. The summer tire would be the Vredestein Sportrac 5, and the winter tires I'm still deciding on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back