What's your hard ginger beer and hard cider choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's some Crabbies "alcoholic ginger beer" with fresh mint and fun for a "Moscow Mule" in a real copper mug. What kinds/kind do you folks like?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a ginger beer fan...for cider, I go with the old classic, Woodpecker.
I prefer its dryness to the mostly overly sweet newer ciders I have tried.

Beak & Skiff is a wonderful orchard in LaFayette, NY. They make a few varieties under the 1911 brand. I'm especially fond of the Hopped IPC and Ginger Hard Cider. They control the entire production and make a very high quality product.

Magner's Irish cider or Stella's Cidre are my choices but I'm not that picky.

Woodchuck cider, Granny Smith variety, is my choice.

I once had an English cider called K that was ~12% alcohol. When I took a swig of that stuff, I got a sharp pain in my ear like someone stuck an ice pick in.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
lol And you guys change your own oil? Yeah right....

Can I not maintain my vehicles and drink cider? Not everyone thinks Bud Light is the nectar of the gods. LOL!

I'm a Renaissance Man.

Bold Rock Virginia Draft is my favorite cider. It's only available in the Mid-Atlantic area for now, but it's got the right mix of sweetness and dryness.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

I'm a Renaissance Man.

i just been to WI Renaissance Faire.
and i change my oil from the top (with a pump and in white shirt.. and i wear glasses... and i use gloves to keep my manly hands soft for the wifey)
and regular beer gives me gas
..so i have to try something else...
i drink exactly 2-6 times per year, never been drunk

so, do i give my manly card?

Pretty much all I drink for cider is the craft brewed ones from Ontario. Brickworks Batch:1904 is my favorite at the moment. Ingredients; apples.
We have a local guy that brews from local apples but he's charging enough that I can't justify it over the canned stuff at the liquor store. www.empirecider.ca
Okanagan Dry Pear is pretty good but its got a bunch of simulated flavor added. I like it far better than most cider with more than apples in it though.

Plenty of ciders available here, often on tap at the pub. I prefer a cold cider on a hot day than beer. Perry is not as common, but I've had some nice ones. I've tried a couple of craft alcoholic ginger beers - an aquired taste, the first one is a bit strange, but by the time you've finished the 6 pack...very enjoyable.

I have always liked cider, but have been drinking a little more in the last few years after I noticed that I felt awful after drinking two or more beers...bloated and somewhat nauseous. Cider, wine, and hard liquor don't bother me, just beer...at least I can still have one brew and feel OK.
Maybe I developed a hops allergy??

Hey car51,

I love Crabbies. I first tasted it two years ago at the Chicago NRA show (National Restaurant Association, not to be confused with the other NRA).

But, I grew up with a fondness for Michigan based Vernors ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernors ), so maybe there is a connection.

At $9 per Crabbies four pack, it is just an occasional treat.

220px-Vernors.jpg

Doitmyself: very true and I can still get the VERNORS! We will here and their use it in ice cream floats
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back