Does Win10 log loss of connection to internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Win10 make a log of its connection (or more specifically, the loss of its connection) to the internet anywhere?

I'm seeing more and more random, annoying drops of internet service through AT&T, and was wondering if Win10 is already keeping track of all of these drops for me.

I finally noticed it when Win10 kept alerting me to its occasional inability to see the printer, that I have connected through wireless networking.

Are you seeing true internet disconnection or Edge just stopping working even though your wi-fi is working just fine? I'm finding that I'm increasingly reaching for my Nexus 7 to look at the internet because it's so much more reliable than my Windows 10 laptop.

Your router will. Google how to connect to your router. If you haven't done it, google how to set security settings on your router and do that, too. It's a very straightforward process.

I am trying to understand, what device with Win 10 is giving you a problem?
Did this issue start happening after an upgrade to Win 10?
As far as the connection issue, are you talking about random issues losing connection to the internet on a home or office WIFi network after the upgrade?

If this is a laptop after Win10 upgrade with the above issue, here is a most likely solution.
1. Go to settings in the start menu
2. Click on "devices"
3. Scroll all the way down to "device manager" and click
4. Scroll to "Network Adapters" and click
5. Find your "wifi adapter" and click
6. Click on "Power Management" uncheck "allow windows to turn off this device to save power"
7. Click "ok" at the bottom, then close out all the windows. This should solve your problem, if we are talking about the same issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back