Watches: Replace Due To Broken Band? Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: opus1
Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Yep , No need to spend tons of money on a watch . The cheaper ones are still very reliable and accurate. I have several watches and none cost me more than around $30. I prefer a numbered watch over a digital readout . But that`s just my preference. What I hate are all these watches out there that are as big as my kitchen clock .
No kidding. What used to be sized as a man's watch is now called a woman's watch, the the current man's watch is the size of a baby-moon hubcap. Why?

Fashion... So that your old stuff becomes aesthetically obsolete and you have to buy a new one.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Originally Posted By: opus1
Yep , No need to spend tons of money on a watch . The cheaper ones are still very reliable and accurate. I have several watches and none cost me more than around $30. I prefer a numbered watch over a digital readout . But that`s just my preference. What I hate are all these watches out there that are as big as my kitchen clock .
No kidding. What used to be sized as a man's watch is now called a woman's watch, the the current man's watch is the size of a baby-moon hubcap. Why?

Fashion... So that your old stuff becomes aesthetically obsolete and you have to buy a new one.
And they look ridiculous.

I remember many years ago my dad telling me that thin watches were more expensive because it was harder to build a thin watch than a thick watch. Now this was long before all these god awful ugly piece of garbage fat watches ever hit the market .

I was at a flea market the other day and they had a whole pile of watches dirt cheap. I was going to buy them up to make a belt out of them , and then I realized , that would be a waist of time . :)

Originally Posted By: bornconfuzd
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

As luck would have it, today is a Woot off! The deals have been mediocre now that Amazon owns them, but every so often you'll find something decent. I found a decent solar Casio watch for $23.39, shipped. Hopefully it gives me a couple of years of good service.

Here's the link:
http://sport.woot.com/offers/casio-mens-digital-watch?ref=cnt_dly_img

You should have bought 2 or 3 of those.

I've never had great eyesight so when I discovered these Timex Easy Readers 15 years ago I bought 2 of them and they quickly became my favorite of all the watches I've ever owned.

When they were both completely dead, after 2 or 3 battery changes I bought 2 more. I'm hard on watches as well, and like you I wear them all the time so if I can get 4 or 5 years out of one I'm thrilled.

I've also given a couple of them away as gifts over the years and now keep one on my wrist and 2 new ones in a drawer ready for action!

I've also learned over the years that things I like often become "No Longer Available"! So having a couple of spares at $30.00 each is.....well, comforting! :)

Hope your new one meets needs and expectations!

Larry

I wasn't sure how cheaply made it would be, but after a couple of weeks I'm pretty happy with it. It has two raised bezels, but the watch face is pretty exposed. I've already put a tiny hair-line scratch in it.

Next time I find a good deal (or if this one goes on sale again) I'll make sure to buy at least another one. Good suggestion.

The light is also amber, which, I guess, shows how cheap it is, but I like it. Not only that, but I rarely need to use the darned thing, since the contrast is really good. Even when I wake up in the morning with just one small 40W light on over on my wife's side, I still don't need the backlight to see the time.

I was at a flea market the other day and they had a whole pile of watches dirt cheap. I was going to buy them up to make a belt out of them , and then I realized , that would be a waist of time . :)

Haha!

//

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like huge, chunky watches. I don't mind how they look, but they tend to just be cumbersome and get caught more often than not in tight situations. The Baby G and the current tough solar watch I just bought are about as big as I'd want.

If this thing lasts a few years I'll never buy another expensive digiwatch again.

I went through quite a few G-Shocks, and other digital watches, over the years.

I finally bought a decent watch. This one: http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/SNA139.asp

Out of production now, but about $200 at the time. It's held up to 11 years of serious hard use. I wore it working on cars, to the range, at work. Sometimes, quality is cheaper in the long run than inexpensive...

It's done so well that I had Seiko replace the crystal.

Still cheaper than a new watch...

Hello!

Probably you have replaced the wrist band or might had purchased a newer watch. I'm pretty sure that this might happen in the future, but for the sake of choosing the right and durable watch, you can check best watch list for reference.
smile.gif

you guys have no style and your watch that you wear and your search for a watch band is proof

SMH... but I am a watch enthusiastic and no watch on my wrist is ever worth less than 500 bucks !
When it comes to Casio,the latest and greatest is the way to go IMO as they are obsolete in a few years
time just like laptops and cell phones.....

Originally Posted By: Excel
you guys have no style and your watch that you wear and your search for a watch band is proof

SMH... but I am a watch enthusiastic and no watch on my wrist is ever worth less than 500 bucks !
When it comes to Casio,the latest and greatest is the way to go IMO as they are obsolete in a few years
time just like laptops and cell phones.....

I like watches too but spending that kind of money is a waste . You can find nice looking very reliable watches for much less. Plus the original poster says he bangs around watches in his work place so why spend 500+ on a watch that`s going to get beat up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back