Would you rotate tires at this point or wait......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find tire rotation time to be a great time to check brakes. I put the rear up on jack stands, do my work of lubing parts, then rotate tires. [Front brakes rarely need attention.]

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
And do not just have brake pads changed. I usually get more miles out of pads than 50k. You might be wasting hard earned money by changing them way early. You can inspect them quite easily.

They vibrate like crazy stopping from 60+ mph. I love the akebibo/centric combo. Smooth as glass on my precious accord.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
And do not just have brake pads changed. I usually get more miles out of pads than 50k. You might be wasting hard earned money by changing them way early. You can inspect them quite easily.

They vibrate like crazy stopping from 60+ mph. I love the akebibo/centric combo. Smooth as glass on my precious accord.

Edit: previous accord.

Don't deny it Greg, we know you like your Hondas
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: mclasser
I thought it was well-known Pirellis don't last long. They're more for performance and not worth it on a basic Accord.

Honda + Michelin is always a winning combo.

I want something quiet and smooth. The Michelins on mine are like rocks. Loud and harsh. Ive done research on tire rack and keep coming back to the Pirellis and Continental DWS.

Are they the original rubbers? Considering the climate in FL it could be that the rubber has expanded and contracted so many times that it isn't as pliable. I had that issue with some coopers a few years back. They were in still good shape but they were about 6-7 years old and the ride was terrible. Loud and hard. I waited until the treads got low but the difference was night and day.

On your main post, I would rotate the best looking tires to the front for traction. Other than that I would keep the PSI in check and don't fret

Look at the Yokohama YK580's. I have them on my Accord and they are awesome on dry, wet and snow. Pretty quiet too.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Don't deny it Greg, we know you like your Hondas
crackmeup2.gif

Lol, either word would work really
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back