What coolant for 2006 Porsche Cayman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2006 Porsche Cayman S that needs some coolant topped up. I have Peak green, Zerex toyota red, GM dexcool orange and Pentosin Pink in my garage. What is the appropriate coolant to use? The internet is a bit vague on information.

What color is your current fill?

I am pretty sure Zerex G05 is recommended for Porsche.

What is Pentosin pink anyways? G13 VW/ Audi antifreeze?

Factory fill in his 2006 is a rebottled Pentosin G12 coolant - Pentosin SF.

G12 is an OAT Extended Life coolant, and they're all more or less the same regardless of color. G12, G13, G13+, Porsche OEM, Dex Cool, Zerex G05, etc...

But if his car is unmodified it has Pentosin G12 in the cooling system.

I should have been more clear. I have Pentosin Pentofrost ++, which is marked as compliant to VW TL 052 774 G0. Says that it contains silicate and is nitrite, amine and phosphate free.

The dex cool I have is Carboxylate based organix additive technology with nitrite, but no silicate or phosphate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
If the Pentosin Pink is G13, then he'd be fine to use what he already has.

Pentosin ++ is an older name, but what you need.

Last edited:
Already three different answers. Experience with Porsche products - I tell all my clients to go with the Porsche factory fill. Do not mix coolants in a Porsche. I honestly don't know what they put in there. I just go to the dealer and buy it. Waaaayyyy better than getting it wrong in a mid engine car. There is so much coolant in so many places in that car you don't want to think about having to mix it up. If you are not 100% sure what you need then buy it from the dealer. Wrong place to save money if you have to do any guess work.

G-12 msds and Dexcool msds are identical. So, in my opinion, they are the same. Peak Global Lifetime Full Strength is what I use in my Boxster S. Fully compatable.

"G-12 msds and Dexcool msds are identical"- they are not. Made an honest mistake. Got confused in my msds sheets. However, the Peak GLT is what I use and tech support at Peak also says it's compatible.
Pedros Porsche site has a list of acceptable substitutes for the G-12 stuff. Why pay $63/gallon for the Porsche stuff when it's $15 for Peak GLT at NAPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back