Getting banned from Amazon for too many returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the merchandise. Clothes are free shipping and free return online typically, because they are saving money not having to put in a store front and hire people, and it has high margin ($7 T shirt sold for $20 for example). So that shouldn't be a problem.

99c pack of printer paper? That's going to be a problem. That's the reason why Amazon don't sell a lot of items at a good price: shipping kills it.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
My wife got a "warning" from the customer service desk at Best Buy because she has returned too many things. They threatened that they may not accept returns from her in the future. Maybe if they quit selling junk that quits working we wouldn't have to make so many returns.

If you don't mind me asking does she use receipt during the returns or just returns without a receipt?

I ask because, I can completely understand if someone is doing no receipt returns on items trying to scam the system, however if someone has the sales receipt and they are within the return policy there should not be a problem in returning said item.

More and more product that I have purchased are on the borderline junk even though they are NOT cheap. Things are just made more cheaply now and it clearly shows when you are handling them or using them, something that you don't realize with the 10 minute interaction at the store while they are trying to sell you the stuff.

I got the Amazon warning a year or two ago. There as a point where I think out of the 20 things I ordered one month half of them were not up to par so they got returned, perhaps I should have exchanged them for the same item, but I didn't I returned them and got a completely different product. It's disturbing as well depending on reviews on there seems to be no accountability on counterfeit parts on Amazon. There's no vetted way. Smaller things like memory cards always seem like a gamble to me because there are at least 5% of the reviews stating they are counterfeit with pictures. I don't think one should get penalized for that if they are sold a product that is not legit.

-Nigel

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
I've purchased from Amazon many times before. But coincidentally this order seems strange. I bought 2X Raybestos 580165 Advanced Technology Disc Brake Rotors and Raybestos ATD834C Advanced Technology Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set day before yesterday. Within 2 hours I get an email the pads had shipped. Then yesterday one rotor. Now today the last rotor is preparing for shipment. Whats strange is everything was in stock, but the order is going to trickle in over days. Usually i get it all at once if the products are in stock. I guess we will see.

Received the final part of the order today. The rotors had no packing. Needless to say they demolished the box during transport. Same for the pads. floating around in the box. Not sure if amazon is to blame, all boxes were factory Raybestos boxes. Anyways the UPS driver hung around while I opened the demolished heavily taped rotor box. He felt bad about the condition. Seems ok visually. Then the UPS driver told me the packaging from Amazon has gone downhill recently, so he's verifying some packages like mine so he's not held accountable.

I have noticed that with Amazon also. Luckily the issue I had where the bag was torn open and the item was missing was delivered to my Amazon Locker so they caught it right away.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Has anyone here been warned by or actually banned from Amazon for returning too many things? How much have you returned?

I admit, i do tend to return things when they don't meet my expectations or to get a better price since amazon no longer gives refunds for price changes. The below article suggests to keep your returns to under 10%...

http://www.techwalls.com/amazon-ban-return-too-many-items/

There are people in this world who sweat the small stuff,over analyze everything and look at things with a microscope
picky people with too much time on they're hands.......I would ban you also

I spend thousands on amazon prime every year,I return very little

So...when you buy something that turns out to be garbage, you just say, thank you sir, may I have another! There is a word for people like that, but it is not allowed on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back