Knock Retard On My Truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The KR pid on my ScanGauge shows 0 except at heavy throttle openings where it will go up to a max of 2.4 degrees. The heavy throttle openings is usually around 2000 rpm. I use regular fuel.

Normal?

Originally Posted By: George7941
KR = Knock Retard
PID = Parameter Identification https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

Yeh, sorry about that. Guessed as much, but I've never had OBD, much less a scantool, and after I posted I realised I was pointlessly parading my ignorance.

Continuing that theme, 2.4 degrees retardation doesn't seem very much, but I suppose it must be enough.

Last edited:
If you are a performance nut then I wouldn't worry about KR. I've got the KR pid programmed on my SGII and I would get brief flashes of ~2 degrees when doing WOT pulls but I'm not a hardcore tuner working with a high strung engine. Mines an LM7 w/ 4L60E slushbox running 92 octane.

Last edited:
The KR pid on my ScanGauge shows 0 except at heavy throttle openings where it will go up to a max of 2.4 degrees. The heavy throttle openings is usually around 2000 rpm. I use regular fuel.

Normal?

Quite normal if we're talking about your sig truck. Just electronics adjusting to poor fuel as required to control knock. You can eliminate KR with the right fuel additive.

Would the fuel additives be the Octane Boosters?

Very platform specific. But the best one for my sig car is made by a guy who really gets it. PM me for the details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back