Another thread on Ford Super Duty death wobble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not had much luck in getting Ford to do anything to fix the suspension.

I now realize I have the front end shakes that are a precursor to the death wobble.

I talked to WD Motorsports (near Boston) and they sell a heavy duty trackbar for about $750.
They also said BFGoodrich tires have a weak sidewall and can make things worse. I have BFGoodrich tires.

A YouTube video suggested a part that will allow me to have the caster adjusted from +1 to +2 or +3.

High performance bushings for the trackbar.

Rough Country steering stabilizer.

Last edited:
If you can handle the ride, going with 80 PSI in the fronts will make the wobble less noticeable. Dodges have the same issue, & the Cummins powered 4WD ones are nose heavy & very prone to having it.

Do you have a link to WD's website? They don't ring a bell and I work in Boston and am into the New England off road scene.

You sure it isn't WC in Walpole?

A guy i worked with took his warranty issues to the ford regional service rep after the dealer gave him the run-a-round.

Granted this was 20+ years ago, but there should be other avenues.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Do you have a link to WD's website? They don't ring a bell and I work in Boston and am into the New England off road scene.

You sure it isn't WC in Walpole?

It's WC. (memory is shot at 63)

Originally Posted By: another Todd
Donald, is your truck 2 or 4 wheel drive? How many miles on it?

it's a 4WD. About 40k now. Bought at 33k.

I do not think a 2wd vehicle can have the problem as no front axle.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: another Todd
Donald, is your truck 2 or 4 wheel drive? How many miles on it?

it's a 4WD. About 40k now. Bought at 33k.

I do not think a 2wd vehicle can have the problem as no front axle.

Yeah the vibration would certainly be a lot different with no front axle.

Under what conditions does this shake happen (coasting, braking, acceleration). IF it happens under acceleration turn the traction control off. I had an issue towing my 5th wheel trailer on one stretch of road in Iowa, on acceleration the truck would buck like it was rapidly being shut off then turned on again, almost like being on a washboard road and unable to accelerate. I called my buddy at Ford and he said turn off traction control, and that solved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back