whats best lube for window tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What year and model is the Toyota? Are you trying to fix a problem or prevent them?

The reason I ask is I had 94 accord with slow windows that would bind. The fix was to remove the door panel and cut out the part of the rubber track that sits below the window when the window is fully closed. Window worked like new after that.

I periodically sprayed silicone spray into the other part of the track to keep it soft.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Shin Etsu grease works very well.

That's the stuff! Available at any Honda dealer, use a long wooden swab to get it deeper in the runner channels.

Don't use Sylglyde because it will leave a brown residue. Been there done that. I use silicone spray if they are not too bad. If they are really bad like they were on my Volvo from neglect, I use silicone grease/dielectric.

Never lubed any window tracks before, but I would think a silicone paste like the 3M stuff might be best? Really don't know!

BTW, Sil-glyde isn't a dry lube, its a grease.

I think felt should not be greased at all. Felt and glass will never bind to each other. Dry felt is better than greasy felt.

I have to lube the window channel on my Accord every few months or it will get stuck. I just had to do it again the other day. I use silicone spray.

The Ford lube is meant for felt guides as well. Few drops on the felt, roll up/down a few times, wipe the edge, and go on with your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back