No more VR-1 in Calif ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GGilbert
I wonder if zddp additives are next to be banned.

They'll ban everything except illegal invaders. They'll give those free health care and drivers licenses.

Maybe they can smuggle in some VR-1.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

Right along with the cocaine, marijuana, and coyotes bringing in the illegal invaders. I'm sure the one's bringing in the contraband oil will get the harshest sentences. For all the destruction they are inflicting on the environment.

Originally Posted By: Excel
VR1 is average at best

Look to buy some BradPenn,much better product
Your bearings will thank u

"Your bearings will thank you"
I haven't ever heard of anybody ever having bearing problems with VR1? tons of drag racers run it with zero issues, and unlike Brad Penn it's not a hard to get boutique oil, VR1 is the better choice IMO

Originally Posted By: Excel
VR1 is average at best

Look to buy some BradPenn,much better product
Your bearings will thank u

I have torn down multiple engines that lived their lives on VR1. I did not see any problems in the bearings at all.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
next thing is customs checks at the california border to stop the illegal smuggling of VR-1

kinda reminds me of smokey and the bandit...

FWIW, I had someone drive me back a quart of wax and grease remover and solvent-borne basecoat from Portland. A friend buys washer fluid in Tahoe quite often.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

Right along with the cocaine, marijuana, and coyotes bringing in the illegal invaders. I'm sure the one's bringing in the contraband oil will get the harshest sentences. For all the destruction they are inflicting on the environment.

You do realize most bud sold in CA is grown in CA - even the stuff on the street(which is grown by clandestine operations up north and by Asians in SF/Oakland/Sacramento). The "medical" stuff is done at legit operations. Maybe in SoCal the low-grade stuff...

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
can't we ask Valvoline?

I just called Valvoline Tech and he stated this is a internet hoax. VR1 is not banned in calif.

Said they just had to label it correctly

He said if someone says it is illegal to ship it to Ca. they are wrong. (amazon/Napa)

This is straight from the mouth of a Valvoline Tech in Tennessee. 1-800-TEAM-VAL 1-800-832-6825

Call Valvoline your self and ask

I just looked at a bottle in the store and it had a SM rating printed right on the bottle

The Tech also stated VR1 Non Street Legal was discontinued. He also stated the VR1 ZPPD- zinc/phosphorus is .14/.13

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back