Should I switch to Mobil One EP for the ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bill_G

Yes - I'm sure the rebate is available through Walmart - I received 24 bucks for the spring rebate and just submitted for this latest one. They make it pretty simple. Buy the oil, take photo of bonafide receipt, upload photo of receipt along with rebate form - receive rebate check/s a few weeks later. If you qualify for two rebates, you need to submit twice even though the purchase might be on one receipt. If you like Mobil1, it's a no-brainer.

Well I just got bit by the bug. I got 2x AFE jugs tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to Napa to max out the deal going on PP, $5/quart sale plus additional ($2)/quart rebate. 12 quarts limit. I already have 1 jug of PP on standby at home. Basically I'll be good for the next 6+ years.

Now I'm tempted to get my first UOA on the current fill, M1 EP currently around 11k. I'll do a change before it gets too cold. Probably sometime in October.

Originally Posted By: egomolka
Originally Posted By: Bill_G

Yes - I'm sure the rebate is available through Walmart - I received 24 bucks for the spring rebate and just submitted for this latest one. They make it pretty simple. Buy the oil, take photo of bonafide receipt, upload photo of receipt along with rebate form - receive rebate check/s a few weeks later. If you qualify for two rebates, you need to submit twice even though the purchase might be on one receipt. If you like Mobil1, it's a no-brainer.

Well I just got bit by the bug. I got 2x AFE jugs tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to Napa to max out the deal going on PP, $5/quart sale plus additional ($2)/quart rebate. 12 quarts limit. I already have 1 jug of PP on standby at home. Basically I'll be good for the next 6+ years.

Now I'm tempted to get my first UOA on the current fill, M1 EP currently around 11k. I'll do a change before it gets too cold. Probably sometime in October.

Nice - you're jumping in with both feet - didn't take you long to become a true Bitoger!

I've had it in me for quite a while. I've been changing my own earl since I got my driver's license in 1998. Usually it would be with the cheapest dino available at the time, at 3k intervals. The BMW would get anywhere from 10w30 to 20w50, 10w40 preferred. When I adjusted the valves (about 10 years ago) the head looked all golden, no sludge.

What got me intrigued in synthetics was that Mobil 1 advertised the one million mile engine in their brochures, which is the m20 baby straight six in the e30 BMWs. Then I heard that all racing teams use synthetics and I was sold. It didn't take an UOA to convince me they are superior.

I also have Red Line MTL and 75w90 in the transmission and rear of the BMW since about 1998.

Mobil 1 is one of the top synthetic oils in my eyes and at the price at wal mart and the $12.00 rebate they are selling like hotcakes. Great oil at a great price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back