Older workers increase productivity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: grampi
You are making tbe claim, so YOU need to back it up!

Sorry, I don't spend my time researching something just because someone else says I need to...you want the data, look it up, otherwise I don't believe your claim...

In other words: you pulled that "fact" from your sphincter. Figured.

In other words, you're pulling facts from your back side saying vets aren't better workers...

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Although the military may instill discipline and responsibility. It also takes away being innovative and creates rule followers and people who do not want to venture outside the box.

Also nonsense. Employees with prior military service are far better employees than those who never served in the military in every aspect...

When I owned my own Business, I saw all kinds of people. Young people who were hard workers, and older workers who were worthless.

One in particular sticks out in my mind. I hired him mainly because he was a Vietnam Vet. He proved to have a poor attitude, an even worse work ethic, and then he was caught stealing from the business. He said he was picked on because he was a Vet. I told him on the day I fired him, that the reason I had given him a chance, was precisely because he was a Vet.

There are always exceptions to the rule...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
You are making tbe claim, so YOU need to back it up!

Sorry, I don't spend my time researching something just because someone else says I need to...you want the data, look it up, otherwise I don't believe your claim...

In other words: you pulled that "fact" from your sphincter. Figured.

LOL, sweeping generalisations, defence of them and attacks on others, then that "don't have to substantiate my claims with any sort of facts" would clearly lead you to the conclusion that there's nothing behind said "facts"...doesn't bode well for the facts being facts at all does it ?

I don't see you or Jarlaxle backing up any of your claims with anything, so you might want to hold off on calling the kettle black...

What are our claims...bar asking for evidence of your overwhelming evidence ?

Your claims, back them !!!

See the "logic flow".

Grampi states vets are better workers
Grampi is asked to provide evidence that they are identified as better workers
Grampi directs the person asking for evidence to provide proof that they are worse workers.

Grampi is guilty of a logical fallacy

Grampi still provides no evidence of his position.

Vilifying posters on this forum for making sweeping generalizations and subscribing to stereotypes means we are going to need a lot of black hats.

Veterans are in demand. This is something I've heard all my life.

But you know, it kinda makes sense. They typically have more responsibility to salary ratio than those with the same number of years experience in private industry. It means you're getting a better deal. They are more disclipined and calm under fire. These guys deal with life and death every day.

Typically someone with under 5 years experience in private is doing grunt work, has very little responsibility, and gets flustered in emergencies. I mean are we going to compare an engineer like me sitting behind a desk to one making carrier landings or firing missiles at enemies? We might as well be on different planets. I can mess up royally, sleep on it then tear it up the next morning and start over. Many positions don't have that luxury.

I could go on and on. These are the people who protect freedom and risk their lives.

Are younfreekin kidding me?

I see it. Its almost a no brainer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Although the military may instill discipline and responsibility. It also takes away being innovative and creates rule followers and people who do not want to venture outside the box.

Also nonsense. Employees with prior military service are far better employees than those who never served in the military in every aspect...

When I owned my own Business, I saw all kinds of people. Young people who were hard workers, and older workers who were worthless.

One in particular sticks out in my mind. I hired him mainly because he was a Vietnam Vet. He proved to have a poor attitude, an even worse work ethic, and then he was caught stealing from the business. He said he was picked on because he was a Vet. I told him on the day I fired him, that the reason I had given him a chance, was precisely because he was a Vet.

There are always exceptions to the rule...

Exactly my point.

See the "logic flow".

Grampi directs the person asking for evidence to provide proof that they are worse workers.

You and Jarlaxle are claiming vets don't make better employees, which neither of you are backing up...so like I said, don't be calling the kettle black...

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Veterans are in demand. This is something I've heard all my life.

But you know, it kinda makes sense. They typically have more responsibility to salary ratio than those with the same number of years experience in private industry. It means you're getting a better deal. They are more disclipined and calm under fire. These guys deal with life and death every day.

Typically someone with under 5 years experience in private is doing grunt work, has very little responsibility, and gets flustered in emergencies. I mean are we going to compare an engineer like me sitting behind a desk to one making carrier landings or firing missiles at enemies? We might as well be on different planets. I can mess up royally, sleep on it then tear it up the next morning and start over. Many positions don't have that luxury.

I could go on and on. These are the people who protect freedom and risk their lives.

These guys who are claiming vets don't make better employees have probably seen one or two bad employees that were vets in their lifetimes and are basing their arguments on that alone...which is hardly a sample large enough to base an opinion on....I work in the federal government which hires a lot of vets, so I see it all the time...I've seen two bad employees that were vets in my working career out of hundreds...I would say that's a pretty good sample size, and a good indication that vets make better employees, generally speaking, than non-vets do...of course there are always exceptions...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Other side of the same coin...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/2/20/1365854/-Why-Veterans-Make-Bad-Employment-Candidates

You know I've come to respect you but I've always complained about where you get your data. That site is iffy. You have a knack for finding oddball sites that support your arguments. You should be in law or marketing. If you're wondering, yes that was an insult.

The fact that you're a foreigner gives you a questionable view. Now if you want to talk kangaroo military...

A my job there is a Juinior Officer Leadership Program that hires Captains (O3) for management positions. They get hired and then rotate to a different business every 6 months... then go into a career field they choose.

Lots of opportunities for officers leaving active duty.

See the "logic flow".

You and Jarlaxle are claiming vets don't make better employees, which neither of you are backing up...so like I said, don't be calling the kettle black...

No, that is an out and out LIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back