Century Arms RAS47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a zastava N-pap that is imported by century using Serbian parts. It's a nice shooter. Vary accurate. I did a lot of research om AKM variant rifles before I bought it. At the price point I was wanting to spend it was one of the most heavy duty rifles I could find.

Last edited:
I'd love to get one as well. Governor Cuomo and his worthless safe act has made that impossible unless I buy one out of state.

These are a couple of 1960 Polish milled models, as well as a couple of Yugo underfolders. They are built on the heavier stamped receivers, and have the flip up, grenade launcher front sights. Lately they're a bit hard to come by with wood furniture. All run very well.

I am limited being in the People's Republic of Californiastan. Ended up paying for 2 yesterday. Will go and fill out the paperwork when they come into the store and then wait 10 days with my other guns that were lost in a tragic canoeing gasket.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
...my other guns that were lost in a tragic canoeing gasket.

Um what?

Its a joke. That way a person can actually they were lost in a tragic accident at the bottom of a lake when someone knocks on the door to take them, a very real possibility here.

Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
I have been looking for a good AK pattern rifle too.

Who isn't? LOL.

Subscribed.

Lately I've been keen on the idea of buying an AK-47 pistol and SBR'ing it. Helluva lotta fun and ammo's cheap.

Apparently in California the folding stocks are not allowed, go figure. Looking at the Magpul fixed stock to start. I want to feel what their hand grip is like before getting one. I will probably get their piston grip with the rubber wrap since that is what I use on my ARs and love them.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
I have been looking for a good AK pattern rifle too.

Who isn't? LOL.

I'm not! Already found a couple...
wink.gif

IMG_3770_zpshw7rwfov.jpg

IMG_2864_zpsn0qlk0ap.jpg

They are popular. Across Europe, more terrorist attacks have been carried out with Kalashnikov-type weapons than with any other device.

If you aren't familiar with the AK platforms, as a general rule, stay away from US made Kalashnikovs and you will be better off. US built AKs, with mostly foreign parts, are OK for the most part but you have to watch out for canted front sight blocks. There are some good US made receivers but there are also some US milled receivers that were used in some Century builds that were too soft and ended up with elongated holes at the front trunion. If you have the budget, foreign factory made preban AKs are the highest quality - IMI Galil, Valmet, Norinco, Polytech, etc. The ones you can still find at retailers today are the Yugo NPAP rifles, which are also very nice for under $700.

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
If you aren't familiar with the AK platforms, as a general rule, stay away from US made Kalashnikovs and you will be better off. US built AKs, with mostly foreign parts, are OK for the most part but you have to watch out for canted front sight blocks. There are some good US made receivers but there are also some US milled receivers that were used in some Century builds that were too soft and ended up with elongated holes at the front trunion. If you have the budget, foreign factory made preban AKs are the highest quality - IMI Galil, Valmet, Norinco, Polytech, etc. The ones you can still find at retailers today are the Yugo NPAP rifles, which are also very nice for under $700.

The biggest offenders of the canted sights were the Romanian WASR rifles. They were built in Europe as low capacity rifles and then Century would mill out the receiver to accept a double stack mag and swap in enough US made parts for compliance. Romanian guns in general have always been on the rough side.

Century guns are ones where it is best to handle the actual gun you are buying and inspect it for problems.

I agree. It's best if you can make sure the front sights are straight before purchasing. I would recommend doing this with Arsenal AKs, too. I've purchased 3 brand new Arsenal rifles that came with canted front sights. One was bad enough that I had to re-pin it. The others I just live with. Arsenal's quality control is lacking and their customer service is even worse. At least Century will fix or replace the rifle free of charge. Arsenal expects you to pay to ship their crooked rifles back.

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
I agree. It's best if you can make sure the front sights are straight before purchasing. I would recommend doing this with Arsenal AKs, too. I've purchased 3 brand new Arsenal rifles that came with canted front sights. One was bad enough that I had to re-pin it. The others I just live with. Arsenal's quality control is lacking and their customer service is even worse. At least Century will fix or replace the rifle free of charge. Arsenal expects you to pay to ship their crooked rifles back.

If I recall Arsenal has also had some major issues with their finishes....shame that an AK that costs over 1k should have any single issue whatsoever.

Yeah, the Arsenal black paint isn't very durable. I prefer the nicely blued factory Chinese rifles. Absolutely beautiful for a military rifle. I've found Chinese firearms to be of very high quality, in general.

IMG_2987_zpsonkhhjdl.jpg

IMG_3003_zpsyfns8dqs.jpg

As an American, you are entitled to own any firearm you want. But a Commi gun? Really? What an ugly POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back