cSt viscosity @ 100 C 8.17
Flashpoint in F 400
Fuel% less than 0.5
Antifreeze % 0
Water % 0
Insolubles % 0.3
TBN 5.2

Blackstone Comments:

This is a great first sample from the 5.0L under the hood of your Mustang GT. Universal averages show typical wear levels on this engine after about 5,700 miles. Your oil wasnt run quite as long, but thats ok. Every metal but Copper is reading much lower than average, so we dont have any complaints. Copper is a mere 1 ppm above average, but thats not much metal at all, and may even be residual from wear-in. Regardless, its not a problem and neither is anything else in these results. No contamination was found, and the TBN was quite good at 5.2. Nice ride!!

Universal averages are the right hand column. UOA results on the left. They moved when i posted

Thanks for posting!

Schaeffers is an awsome oil,looks like the mustang liked it also.

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
Thanks for posting!

Schaeffers is an awsome oil,looks like the mustang liked it also.

wink.gif

No problem! I wanted to post it as i kinda figured the Coyote 5.0 and Schaeffers oil combo isnt seen very often on here.

My current fill in the 5.0 is the 9000...was planning to go 10k and see how it did, now that I see your results I certainly won't have any concerns about TBN! It will be awhile until my own UOA, but I'll post the results when I have them.

Last edited:
Schaeffers is a good company. I dont see nothing scary or worrisome. Those coyote motors make a lot of power. This uoa showed good results though I would maybe consider 5w30 if bolt on modification comes later.

Originally Posted By: tig1
20 wt. oils perform great in engines calling for a 20 wt.

I agree w that. OP can go longer on next OCI if he keeps it topped off.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Schaeffers is a good company. I dont see nothing scary or worrisome. Those coyote motors make a lot of power. This uoa showed good results though I would maybe consider 5w30 if bolt on modification comes later.

Meh, even with bolt ons making an extra 40 hp it isn't going to making the motor shear down the oil any more than it is now.

If forced induction is added, especially with any power adder using the engine's oil as a cooling supply, then I would change it up. M1 15w50 is my favorite for modified turbo applications.

I'd say this combo is working out well and should even with modifications to the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back