Switching to penzoil or quakerstate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're already using what is IMO the premier HM oil, then why would you want to switch?
Also, if the engine has had regular maintenance, it doesn't need a good cleaning.
It's already as clean as any old engine is going to be.
What risk do you think would be involved in moving from one fully formulated oil to another?
If the principle function of motor oil is to lubricate the engine and to avoid leaving deposits behind, then any motor oil of the last four or five API specs will perform just fine in your old engine or one of mine.
You want to try PYB? Go for it. No harm or risk involved.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
... As Shannow has pointed out, you get an oil with zero certifications.

So Amsoil?
whistle.gif

I have no issues about certifications and mixing oils. 5 qts of SN oil is 5 qts of SN oil as far as my engine cares (heck, my truck could use SJ/SL oils and be fine).

I have been using pennzoil for many many years also since i was a kid because i always liked their oil but things change and i hoped they would have fixed their issues but they did not and we changed to another oil company..But for many years just like you i used their oils so i agree they did make a good product.

You might consider a Blackstone analysis to make that decision if you really want to get down to it. With the information you have right now, there is no reason to switch just as much as you have no reason not too. Otherwise, try all the different brands you want; won't hurt a thing...probably.

Man... Just put some fresh oil in that Bad Boy - Truck - Rig. Pennzoil, Quaker State, Valvoline they will all be real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back