Pemafinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that on YouTube on the Powerstrokehelp channel. Not really convinced that the finish is that much different compared to what a regular body shop could do. Also not sure what the longevity of the finish is, only time will tell.

Seems like a bunch of over done marketing at work. Here buy this bottle of miracle potion. I remember back in 1989 Dad was buying a new car and they were selling the paint sealant for $499 and my dad negotiated it down to $50.

Also reminds me of Autobutler which I'm not a fan of. It's very harsh on the finish and leaves microscratches and marring behind. But hey it's clean and well protected even though it looks horrible. Link

I'd get some Waterless wash from Meguiars, Mothers(new), Ultima, Duragloss(new). Use the wash spray as a lube and run a Nanoskin sponge over the surface which is an easy way to clay. Then top it with some Crystal Seal from Ultima which you wipe on and walk away, no buffing required and finish will be slick and protected. A few plush microfibers and all this for less than $100. Plus cleaning and sealing it will be enjoyable. Compared to a chore under the old methods.

Waterless wash $11, 6 Plush microfibers $30, Crystal Seal $30, Nanoskin Sponge $12, shipping $10 = $93. www.autogeek.net

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Then top it with some Crystal Seal from Ultima which you wipe on and walk away, no buffing required and finish will be slick and protected.

That would be Blackfire Crystal Seal, Ultima makes Paint Guard Plus, both are good but the older pre VOC version of Paint Guard Plus was awesome stuff.

I wonder if it's in any way related to something called "PermaPlate" that a dealer I used to work at used to try to sell to everyone. Same sort of thing. You're really more paying for the "warranty" that applies to the paint after they've applied the stuff.

Originally Posted By: widetrax
$725 to do a crew cab pickup, sort of pricy,,,,
Sort of? It is pricey! Back in the 70's dealers were pushing Poly gly Coat (I believe that was the name) for something like $300. My tenant who worked for a dealership got my the kit for $20 so I just applied it myself. What a markup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back