Collinite Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Try FK1000P!! Nothing better IMO.

I agree. It's the best stuff going. I've found nothing better.

I put 2-3 coats of FK1000P on my cars. I usually apply the coats in my garage in the evening, let it set over night, and then buff it in the morning. But I have extra cars so I can drive something else while I'm cleaning up another.

Then I've been adding some "toppers" just for fun. One of my favorites in Sonax Net Shield. I usually add a topper after the first wash.

Although not the most durable, but the best looking Collinite product is #915. I keep a few cans of this stuff around. Nothing looks so warm and wet.....well, almost.

Supposedly 845 and 476 are the same but 845 has additional solvents to make it easier to apply.

That being said I have found that 845 doesn't last as long.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Supposedly 845 and 476 are the same but 845 has additional solvents to make it easier to apply.

That being said I have found that 845 doesn't last as long.

Likely that would be due to the lower solids content which would put on a thinner coat.

Personally, I like Collinite stuff but have since gone to Duragloss. I also have the Finish Kare products on my shelf (love their detailer).

Originally Posted By: chevman4life
Been thinking of trying FK1000p. Does it have cleaners in it or is it like Collinite?

No cleaners.

845 is nice for applying in So Cal winter weather. Keep the bottle indoors the night before and it's liquid enough to get on the car the next morning.
I don't like 476S in the winter, and I can only imagine what FK1000P would be like. But either is nice in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back