2006 F350 Rotella T6 5-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 6.0 was "bullet-proofed" (including h/g & ARP studs) at approximately 170K miles. The potassium and sodium are of a concern to me. I wonder if the h/g needs replacement again? No issues with the truck at all as far as coolant loss or overheating.

Last edited:
I'd do another UOA maybe in a few thousand miles.. its not nearly as much as before the Headgasket so maybe its trending down?... or maybe you have another tiny leak somewhere.

The first UOA I did at 175K was after the h/g change (oil and filter changed when the h/g was done). I did another at 178K but did not change the oil/filter at that time. The last UOA was done at 181K and the oil/filter was changed at that time.

There have been no additives in any of the samples.

I at first believed that the elevated pot/sod levels could have been residual from when the h/g was changed. I do note that the trend is somewhat downward. I may wait for one more UOA before making a decision on what to do next.

As I stated before, we are not seeing any dip in the coolant level. If in fact there is a leak, it must be pretty small.

Last edited:
Since you are seeing a decrease that is a good sign as it doesn't seem to be affecting your oil enough to hurt anything.

For some reason I can't scroll down to see what your viscosity was after 6,000 mi., just curious as with my now both gone 6.0's the Shell was shredded after 5,000 mi. into almost a 20wt. I made the switch to 10w-30 Deere Plus 50 and never looked back, in fact I still use it in my '15 6.7.

Well it just barely sheared out of grade, not bad I had poor UOA's with it. When I tried it we were still CI-4/CI-4+.

Looks like a minor HG leak as it shows both Potassium, Sodium and has coolant listed at 1%.

I eould cut the OCI to 3000 miles max and get the HG tested. If it is not an economic repair use both an oil stop leak additive and some type of HG sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back