Brakes for a 2005 Ford Crown Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1O

Need to do pads and rotors front and rear look for suggestion. Want quality and price is not an issue. Was looking at Wagner e- coted rotors and either thermoquiet brake pads. It is a heavy car so I want something with low dust no fade. Ceramic perfered thanks

Police? Either way, ceramic may be not the best option. There is a forum dedicated to those, I think crownvic dot net. In my experience Raybestos pro grade served me very well, but anything of quality is fine.

Thermoquiet pads are good quality and you will have no problems with them. Akebono ProACT is also very popular.

The E-coated rotors are also a good idea. The most well-known coated rotor is the Centric Premium, but the Wagner ones will probably serve you well. Plus, Wagner's description says you don't even have to clean the rotors before installation.

How are you driving this car? Are you actually using it like a taxi or cop car? Track use? Because brake fade doesn't happen in regular daily driving.

I put thermoquiets on my 2000 town car and they worked fine, were quiet and almost DUST FREE!

Wait until you can use a coupon code and manufacturer rebate from advance auto.

I think the thermoquiets were only available as "semi metallic" for that car when I bought them.

Originally Posted By: A1O
Need to do pads and rotors front and rear look for suggestion. Want quality and price is not an issue. Was looking at Wagner e- coted rotors and either thermoquiet brake pads. It is a heavy car so I want something with low dust no fade. Ceramic perfered thanks
acdelco performance PV (police vehicle) these are straight up bad*** pads and rotors. All the cruisers I put them on the officer have to tell me how awesome they stop now and that's coming from the motorcraft police parts. If I had a crown Vic I wouldn't even think about it I would just order them and also buy the parking brake shoes and hardware.
oh and these rotors are coated and the pads don't create much dust btw.

And if you are really getting after it throw a set of firestone firehawk GT Pursuit tires on... these things have traction wet dry you name it... great combo.

When the acdelco Rep came through and was trying to sellnme on them he believed in the product so much he shipped me a free whole car pad and rotor set. Haven't bought anything else since.

Last edited:
I'll be the contrarian. Best bang for the buck are cheap dusty pads. Run steelies and paint then matte black so they don't show the dust. Cheap,soft pads stop fine, are quiet,and they don't wear out the rotors. I just do pad swaps.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back