Motorcraft FL2062 7,165 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil today in the truck. Here is the filter. 7,165 mi on Maxlife full syn.

Castrol Magnatec and another FL2062 went in.

Looks very good as we use those filters on our 5 trucks with the 2.7 engine. Thank u for cut and post good sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Looks very good as we use those filters on our 5 trucks with the 2.7 engine. Thank u for cut and post good sir
smile.gif

They seem like a great filter. My pleasure.

They are to my knowledge as we use Parts Plus filters now and they don't even have a cross ref # filter out yet. I like that MC filter as it has all the "O" rings needed
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Those filters have to look good there is nowhere to hide ... They don't have to worry about someone cutting them open and uncovering their shoddy filters. They have t make them look good or they will lose sales. Im sure filter companies dont like them as much for that reason.

This one looks good. And contrary to the information posited previously, there have been many post use cartridge filter anecdotes posted here that have looked pretty ugly. Examples include severe hourglass shape, collapsed looking angular pleats, and composite end caps displaced. So, just because the pleating/construction are visible for inspection doesn't mean they are immune from issues.

Wonder who makes the MC cartridges.

Thanks for pics.

MC makes the filter for obvious reason: aftermarket does NOT YET have filter to replace it with

K&N makes one.

Sayjack i agree there are some that look really bad but im sure there would be a lot more if they were hidden in a can. See that e-core type plastic in there that is for flow according to one of the sr.tech reps we had at the rebuilders association not from ford but from G.M..

Didn't know that, thanks
smile.gif

Yup yup. They're $21 on Amazon, kind of steep.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Wonder who makes the MC cartridges.

Thanks for pics.

I'm curious also.

As cartridge filters are still in the vast minority compared to spin on use and there has been no studies I'm aware of regarding failure rates/issues, I'm not willing to make any leap based on guess work regarding post use failure/issue comparisons.

As noted though, been many post use cartridge filters anecdotes posted that have exhibited some type of apparent issue.

That said, and back to topic, this one looks quite good. As for who makes it, I could only speculate. Purolator uses the wrap around the pleating end cap design for many of their cartidges. But that's strictly speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back