2017 Harley Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dr2152
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Actually, no...if it is properly designed, the rider gets little or no radiator heat!

How about some examples. All of my water cooled bikes sent heat back at me.

The only time I feel any heat from my radiator is either when I'm completely stopped, or moving very slowly (like parking lot speeds)...

Originally Posted By: Mik
Actually, no...if it is properly designed, the rider gets little or no radiator heat!

My VTR1000 gives off very little heat (this despite having the compression up to over 12:1, from the stock 9.4:1, which makes for a significantly hotter running mill) courtesy of the rad positioning. It must be said that this design is not the most efficient for cooling at very low speeds, but no issues with excessive heat, even on warm days... so it is possible...

I have to agree with this to a degree. There are some bikes out there, IF properly designed and can direct heat away from the rider, that would have to help.

Another example would be the Harley "Ultra" liquid cooled touring bikes with two radiators out away from the engine in the outside of the engine guard area. Some Harley riders with these bikes claim way less heat, then even older Harley bikes they owned with smaller engines.
The point being, when the radiator fans kick on, the heat is clearly directed to the outside of each side of the bike.

There are also examples of complete disasters like the Kawaski 16 and 1700 liquid cooled touring bikes of the years around 2010, 11, 12 etc. There were so many complaints about heat Kawaski had to design and retro fit customers bikes with heat deflectors to help with the problem but not get rid of it.
I suspect the new Harley touring bikes, both oil and water cooled are going to be better then previous years.

and ...FOLKS, lets also remember people posting in here are from all different climates. Many from cooler northern areas vs the deep south where someone doesnt have an issue but someone else will, just because of climate alone.

Bottom line, big engines = more heat but certain makers handle the issue better. Indian is not doing a very good job at it right now, according to professional magazine reviews. IN every comparison I have read, they comment on the heat from the Indians vs the Harley. Im just mentioning this as we are discussing heat, even with heat, some reviews favored the Indian for other reasons.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi

The only time I feel any heat from my radiator is either when I'm completely stopped, or moving very slowly (like parking lot speeds)...

I get heat when stopped or riding in stop and go traffic or radiator fans come on a slow speeds.

In time I suspect. Being a business I assume they are getting their products ready for the 107 ASAP since there will be way more of them (and most likely more 107 owners who want their bikes to run like a 114) ...

Originally Posted By: MM1
Originally Posted By: gman2304

When you enclose a motorcycle with body panels, it ceases to put a lot of hot air onto the rider, and it also ceases to be a motorcycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iDXCIzYTM4

^^^LMAO^^^

A Triumph Rocket is the only other bike I can think of that looks that *****
smile.gif

They delete my posts and leave this one????? WTH????

Because it's nothing compared to the name calling you did. You should have been banned. Besides, we're just having a "discussion" right?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: gman2304

When you enclose a motorcycle with body panels, it ceases to put a lot of hot air onto the rider, and it also ceases to be a motorcycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iDXCIzYTM4

^^^LMAO^^^

A Triumph Rocket is the only other bike I can think of that looks that *****
smile.gif

They delete my posts and leave this one????? WTH????

Because it's nothing compared to the name calling you did. You should have been banned. Besides, we're just having a "discussion" right?
smile.gif

The name calling I did? That's hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back