Pinky the Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have put him to sleep permanently by lethal injection or .22lr. I kinda wondered if he had rabies or something. Very feral and unpredictable but would be okay at the farm to fight off the coyotes and wolves.

I don't know what funnier, the end (sorry for the poor guy), or them trying to put that cat in a cardboard box. Yeah right, the cardboard box is going to hold that kitty.

I adopted a 2 year old cat from the Human society. He won't come out from under a bed for 5 days now. I put food & litter box by the bed and he sneaks out and eats and poops while I'm asleep after about 3 nights. What to do except wait according to Gulf coast Human people. Sounds correct? Help Ed

µwell, since my l&st post WE got adopted by a cat...

There was a stray cat that came into our backyard regularly the last few weeks. So when I had some leftovers that aged too much to eat I left them out there for the cat(s). She approached the back door a few times but always bolted when I unlocked. Until monday, when she came back as we were having our dinner.

When the wife miauwed, the cat replied, and when I opened the door she came right in. I gave her some foods as she was very skinny, no doubt she only eats what she kills as there are a few big tomcats in the area. She stayed until it was ime for bed, then I put her outside. The next morning she was still there, but by the time we came back from work she was gone again. Wednesday she returned, and stayed inside again until bedtime. Thursday morning and evening she was still by the back door.

Today she's not there, but no doubt she'll be back tomorrow. She'll have to learn our timetable.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I adopted a 2 year old cat from the Human society. He won't come out from under a bed for 5 days now. I put food & litter box by the bed and he sneaks out and eats and poops while I'm asleep after about 3 nights. What to do except wait according to Gulf coast Human people. Sounds correct? Help Ed

The older of my two felines did that when I adopted him. He was 2.5 years old then and had never been away from his breeder's home. He dived into the wet bathtub first, and then slid under the bed. He'd come out for a few moments, let Linda and me pet him, then ooze back under again. He came out at night to eat and use the litter box. This went on and on. I was surprised; the 8-month-old female I'd adopted earlier from the same lady came bouncing out, ready to be petted, after 4 hours.

Took about 2 weeks, but he finally relaxed.

I gave up after 3 weeks under the bed hiding in a corner. I fear the poor cat has been tramatized or abused and will need a psychologist to recover. Poor kitty went back to the Humane Society. :-(

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Real women and women work in conjunction with each other and are nothing like beanoil's analogy...or cats and dogs for that matter.

Perhaps, but real women and women working together usually mean something bad for any men involved who are not in on the job.

I noticed two feral kittens living in the bushes outside my apartment in Dallas and took pity on the poor things, started leaving food for them outside my door. At first, they would only come to eat after I closed the front door and I would watch them from my patio some distance away. After a while, I was able to watch them from a few feet away, but they would constantly hiss and bare their fangs at me. Finally, both of them stayed and stared at me one night after they ate...I bent down and extended a finger towards them and they both hissed at me, but did not run away. They kept creeping closer and closer, still showing their teeth and hissing...suddenly, they were both rubbing up against my hand and purring. They were my kitties!

It started to get cold and I was going home for two weeks around Xmas, so I was really worried about what would happen to them while I was away. I tried to train them to go into the storage closet on my patio, where I stowed some old blankets for them...big mistake. I brought them through my apartment and out to the patio and closed the slider...once they realized they were confined, THEY WENT BERSERK. One of them tried to slam through the railings with its head over and over...I had to open the slider and let them flee through the apartment.

After I got back from my trip, I didn't see them for several days and was convinced they had died...then I got home from work one night and saw a small cat walking by the building next door. We stared at each other for a while...was that my kitty/person? Once we knew for sure, I bent down with my hand out and the cat came bouncing over, meowing happily all the way. After a few seconds, the other one showed up...but, really, the bond had been broken. I saw them a few more times, but they had found someplace else to live and, possibly, another benefactor.
I'm probably lucky I didn't catch fleas...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back