2010 Impala front wheel bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
An acquaintance has said vehicle with 80k miles on it. The type of person who puts things off until there's a major problem I guess. Front tires were down to the cords before he had them replaced. I told him he should have the alignment checked too. The shop said the front wheel bearings were so bad that there's no sense in trying to align it.

Now, I'm the type of person that would of replaced those bearings that day. But it's been close to a month now, and he keeps putting it off. Other then chewing up his new tires, is this type of bearing something that can fail without much warning? As in, wheel coming off vehicle.
crazy2.gif

I feel like I'm more concerned than he his,
crazy.gif

I had a 2010 impala tht the bearings went out about 80k. Theses are the most simple bearings to do. I can get both done and aligned in a hour and a half if i take my time. Hour if I'm left alone.

Last edited:
Yes, the wheel will fall off and the car will wreck.

People that are so stupid they won't get things like that fixed deserve the outcome that will inevitably come.

The wheel will come off. And it's likely going to trash the brake components, axle and maybe even suspension components in the process if it hasn't already. This will not only get expensive quick but he could end up hurting someone including themselves.

Yes I have seen wheels break free and damage the vehicle. Thankfully no one else. I have seen a GM truck lose the front wheel bearing grease and spray the driver side of the truck before the guy had stopped. Its scary stuff. Its not bad if the guy crashes and kills himself but the risk is that the wheel will fly off and hit a minivan with a family. Call the local authorities, DOT if possible and see if they can issues some sort of inspection. These are the stupid mistakes that kill innocent people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back