Psychiatrist- VS- Bartender

Status
Not open for further replies.

aws

Ever since I was a child, I've always had a fear
of someone under my bed at night

So I went to a shrink and told him: “I've got problems.

Every time I go to bed I think there's somebody
under it. I'm scared. I think I'm going crazy.”

“Just put yourself in my hands for one year,
said the shrink.
Come talk to me three times a week and we
should be able to get rid of those fears.”

“How much do you charge?”

“One hundred fifty dollars per visit,” replied the doctor.

“I'll sleep on it,” I said.

Six months later the doctor met me on the street.

“Why didn't you come to see me about those
fears you were having?” He asked.

“Well, $150 a visit, three times a week for a year,
is $23,400.00. A bartender cured me for $10.00.
I was so happy to have saved all that money!”

“Is that so?” With a bit of an attitude he said,
“and how, may I ask, did a bartender cure you?”

“He told me to cut the legs off the bed. Ain't nobody under there now.”

It's always better to get a second opinion.

LOL
grin.gif

You gotta be crazy to see a psychiatrist.

Sorry, somebody had to say it.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The sad part of that story is that it's probably true.

how to unstuck a truck from a bridge?
let the air off from the tires... (i think the ka-tching is a kid told the big crew fuzzing with the stuck truck)

Originally Posted By: pandus13

let the air off from the tires... (i think the ka-tching is a kid told the big crew fuzzing with the stuck truck)

but the truck is stuck at the top, not at the bottom
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Jetronic

wink.gif

let the air from the tires = height of the remaining truck is less = may not be stuck at the top anymore

now if the trucker was in a hurry and didn't read the sign on the right about bridge's height, then next was (i worked right next to one of those bridges) a big THUMP, then truck/semi had a very damaged container and the rail engineers had to repair the bridge again.... if trucker was half in a hurry, truck will be just stuck under the bridge with a bit less damage to container are...

wink.gif

let the air from the tires = height of the remaining truck is less = may not be stuck at the top anymore

I think he was joking?

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf

wink.gif

I think he was joking?

It's the humour section, no?

I think he was joking?

was a humorous experience for us looking at the damaged truck.
not much for the shocked trucker...

P.S. i like it you see the glass half-full.. we need more folks like that here
cheers.

I think he was joking?

cheers.

We have a bridge in town that's somewhat notorious for this. It's an old railroad bridge, and the clearance is JUST enough that most fully loaded box trucks can fit under it. The problem is that they clear the bridge on the way in to make a delivery, but after unloading the difference in height is enough that they get stuck.

It's also a BIG problem every time the road is repaved(which fortunately isn't that often). The new surface might raise the road just enough that trucks which would previously fit no longer can.

There used to be an "antique" shop there at the corner that did a pretty big business in old tools and Lionel/American Flyer trains. I got to know the owner and his wife well and consequently spent a lot of time "loafing" in the shop(granted they did get enough business out of me to pull my own weight
smile.gif
). Bear in mind that this was a good few years back, and the closet door behind the counter was covered in Polaroids of every vehicle that had gotten stuck. I was in the shop when a number of them happened. One of the most memorable was an RV that went flying under and ripped their AC off the top-it made some kind of noise.

Originally Posted By: bunnspecial

I think he was joking?

cheers.

We have a bridge in town that's somewhat notorious for this. It's an old railroad bridge, and the clearance is JUST enough that most fully loaded box trucks can fit under it. The problem is that they clear the bridge on the way in to make a delivery, but after unloading the difference in height is enough that they get stuck.

It's also a BIG problem every time the road is repaved(which fortunately isn't that often). The new surface might raise the road just enough that trucks which would previously fit no longer can.

There used to be an "antique" shop there at the corner that did a pretty big business in old tools and Lionel/American Flyer trains. I got to know the owner and his wife well and consequently spent a lot of time "loafing" in the shop(granted they did get enough business out of me to pull my own weight
smile.gif
). Bear in mind that this was a good few years back, and the closet door behind the counter was covered in Polaroids of every vehicle that had gotten stuck. I was in the shop when a number of them happened. One of the most memorable was an RV that went flying under and ripped their AC off the top-it made some kind of noise.

a couple of times, beside the large noise of truck fighting the bridge, the bump shock was so powerful that we felt it trough the ground/layers of concrete and a pretty large building/warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back