Oreo cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife won't buy my Oreo cookies any more because all the packages at our local grocery store now read "Made in Mexico".

She started looking at the labels when some of the white filling had yellow streaks in it. She returned the package and received a refund. And now, it's no more Oreo cookies.
frown.gif

Isn't this the same thread that was around a couple of months ago? About how "nobody was buying" the cookies because the CEO moved production?

I mean really....first world problems or ways to keep our posts count up......

BTW-My Silverado was made in Mexico.

Last edited:
So sad that even cookies can't be made here my wife won't buy anything that is not made in the us either. China is absolutely out also..I just heard that they were made there For a couple of years and their taste is so different the cream tastes like wax with sugar. I was just informed a company called Mondelez bought kraft foods which owned Nabisco or something like that.
Very few things taste like they used to.

Yikes, didnt realize this.

Seriously, they are maximizing profit SSOOOOOOO much by offshoring bakers' jobs???!?

Boycott time, not that Ive bought more than a single bag of oreos in a year...

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
And now, it's no more Oreo cookies.
frown.gif

I know it sounds drastic, but you could consider going to the store and buying them yourself.

Originally Posted By: Padawan
frown.gif

I know it sounds drastic, but you could consider going to the store and buying them yourself.

You're not married, are you?

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Newman-O's are better anyway.

There's nothing better than all the junk in classic Oreo's. Newman's taste antiseptic...and cost a LOT more. I have to get quantity in my junk food or I won't even buy it. I'll have to pick up a bag of Oreos to see if the taste has changed since production was shifted. I had Hydrox as a kid too because my Dad and Mom liked them. But they didn't have the unadulterated sugar high that Oreo's gave you. Nothing is like an Oreo.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
We're supposed to keep our post count up??!! Oh man, I'm in big trouble....

The ones with the higher posts counts are "esteemed" members. Not sure what they are "esteemed" of though.

Originally Posted By: Padawan
frown.gif

You're not married, are you?

I'm not either. I was at one time, and I could still go buy my own cookies if I wanted to. Do you know how a grocery store works? They don't check your man card at the door. You can walk in and the shelves are just full of Oreos. The variety they have now a days makes my head spin.

My wife won't buy my Oreo cookies any more because all the packages at our local grocery store now read "Made in Mexico".

She started looking at the labels when some of the white filling had yellow streaks in it. She returned the package and received a refund. And now, it's no more Oreo cookies.
frown.gif

It's astonishing that anyone would actually eat something like that-loaded with sugars and calories but with virtually no nutritional value. Not buying them will probably do both your health and waistline a huge favor.

There is nothing wrong with a little junk food from time to time. Sugar is not bad for you. What is bad for you is excessive sugar, just like excessive Olive Oil is bad for you but perfectly fine in moderation.

If you buy your groceries and make your meals from the outside aisles (fruit, vegetable, animal protein, dairy protein, bread, and then out) you can have two or three Oreos® with every meal and live a long, happy, healthy life. It's when you eat highly processed foods, which are loaded with trans fats and sugars .... there is no purpose in having sugar added to every [censored] product in your diet, but if you are buying "low fat" or microwave meals that's exactly what you are doing, and never having a single Oreo® won't make that a healthy diet, ever.

It's all about "moderation in everything and excess in few" ... that one's a hundred years old, and still excellent advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back