2016 CX-5 Sport 2.0 6MT 5,073/5,073 FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an oil analysis for another SkyActive-G engine. No fuel dilution here like those mentioned in other UOA's. The vehicle is driven in Southern California, a good mix 40/60 city/hwy with lots of stop and go traffic factored in. I always let the engine finish its cold high idle start, which lasts for about 22 seconds. I use a lot of Arco 87 or Costco 87.

TBN still good at 4.6, I think the factory fill can make it past 7.5K miles with no problems.

welcome2.gif

Are you sure there isn't fuel dilution?

Last edited:
There seems to be a small trace as detailed in the results but the tech didnt even mention it so not going to worry about it.

I ended up changing it. I will be experimenting with Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum combined with Liqui Moly MoS2 additive. This UOA was done awhile back. Wanted to post on here but forgot about it. I just found it again after going through my files and decided to share. Got another sample coming up with the Mobil 1/MoS2. It is approaching an 8k OCI, but I am undecided whether I should extend it to 10k.... I know that the Mazda with Moly can make it to 10k, but not sure about the Mobil 1.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted By: CX5Pete
There seems to be a small trace as detailed in the results but the tech didnt even mention it so not going to worry about it.

I think Zeng's comment was referring to a) Mazda DI engines being notorious for fuel dilution and b) Blackstone's method used to quantify fuel dilution (not measured directly but inferred from a human observation of flashpoint, creating many opportunities for imprecision).

But as delving too deep into matters like this only leads to anxiety (ask me how I know), I'd accept this UOA as a great start to your ownership experience. If you want to risk opening the Pandora's Box that is fuel dilution, try Polaris Labs or another that uses gas chromatography for your next UOA

Judging from the flashpoint and viscosity values, the data suggests that fuel dilution is fairly low and about the same as my UOAs. Mazda seems to have fuel dilution under control as the Mazda wear values numbers are quite low compared to other makes. Not sure where the "Mazda DI being notorious for fuel dilution comes from" Ed

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
The moly seems very high in this factory fill, did this have MoS2 added as well?

This was just factory fill as far as i know.

Originally Posted By: CX5Pete
I ended up changing it.Got another sample coming up with the Mobil 1/MoS2. It is approaching an 8k OCI, but I am undecided whether I should extend it to 10k.... I know that the Mazda with Moly can make it to 10k, but not sure about the Mobil 1.
Thoughts?

In reference to RamFan's UOA on CX5 and if you are on octane 87 fuel , I would be wary of doing it.
But I could be wrong though.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back