Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: VR6OOM
Originally Posted By: zeng
Is previous UOA of similar oil?

It's the exact same oil.

Thanks.
thumbsup2.gif

It seems the 7500 mi sample has begun thickening, however it doesn't hurt.
Any intention of extending OCI ..... to say 10000 or 12500 miles?

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
I don't see thickening, but I do see less fuel dilution

You could be right. IDK
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: zeng
Any intention of extending OCI ..... to say 10000 or 12500 miles?

I'll be extending it to 10k. TBN will be pretty low by then and it's the oem recommended oil change interval.

VR6OOM-----would it be possible to re-post the UOA, or PM it to me-----? is is missing/or has been removed from the original post.
FWIW- i bought my daughter the exact same car in June 2014 and she has approx the same mileage--I've never seen a UOA from this engine
BTW--isn't that 1.8T one amazing engine----exceptional power (especially low rpm torque)for just 1.8L and excellent fuel economy
Steve

I dunno what happened to the image and BITOG doesn't give me the option edit the first post...weird.

29224383915_6d5834ff3c_o.png

I dunno what happened to the image

When you re-upload a new version of the image, the Flickr URL changes, so that's why the original is no longer visible.

a BIG THANK YOU VR
That was nice of you to re-post it. Now I have something to compare her Jetta to.
I've been letting the dealer do the o/c while under warranty (I know no need to do so, but i feel better about it).
IMO, this is a FANTASTIC UOA for the screaming turbo--with zero fuel dilution---good to see
Any reason you chose 5-30 over the 5-40?
Steve

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I dunno what happened to the image

When you re-upload a new version of the image, the Flickr URL changes, so that's why the original is no longer visible.

Makes sense. However, I don't understand why I can't go back and relink it in my original post.

Originally Posted By: steve20
Any reason you chose 5-30 over the 5-40?

Mid-saps 502/505.01 isn't offered in many 5w40's, at least at an acceptable price point. I also wanted an oil with a good noack with the highest flash point. All things considered, this oil ticked all the boxes for me. Plus, gas mileage went up a little. The manual says both are acceptable.

Last edited:
However, I don't understand why I can't go back and relink it in my original post.

Most forums don't allow you to edit your posts forever. There is a 15 minute window during which you can make corrections to your post.

You can ask an admin to relink the image in your original post.

Thanks again VR--what do you (or QP, or anyone else) think of the dealer supplied supposed Castrol 5-40?
Steve

Once you start searching through bitog, you'll find there are superior oils in the 0/5w-40 range.

Thanks again VR--what do you (or QP, or anyone else) think of the dealer supplied supposed Castrol 5-40?
Steve

Once you start searching through bitog, you'll find there are superior oils in the 0/5w-40 range.

Yup. You can do better than Castrol 5w-40. I just don't care enough to bother. Wife's Q5 has the Audi Care package, so they take care of all the maintenance. Now, if I was doing my own maintenance on it, I'd use something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back