Hot Sauce Christmas Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stepdaughter and her husband gave me a hot sauce subscription for Christmas. It's called Fyrebox. Every 3 months, I get a box in the mail with three gourmet hot sauces.
The winner in the first box was Frankie V's Kitchen Spooky White Hot Sauce. Stuff is awesome. I've had it on chicken and a roast beef sandwich so far.
Nice thing about this gift is I'll be introduced to sauce I'd normally never come across otherwise.
They hit a home run with this gift.

Great idea on their part! My wife got me a small belt clip holder for Sriracha sauce, least expensive gift, but neatest idea ever!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
That's a fun gift.. Please keep us posted through the year!

I sure will. I'll also mention the other two that came in this first box. One is called Crazy Good Gold Habanero Pepper Sauce. It came in second. The third bottle is Born To Hula All Natural Hot Sauce- Ghost of Ancho.
The Born to Hula would have fared better with me if it didn't show up with the other two. It's good but the Spooky White is just fantastic in my opinion.

I can get Frnkie's here, it's good.

Similarly, I got a "rack" of a dozen hot sauces from around the place, which I've taken to work...we swap hot sauces at lunch time.

Also got a crystal skull full of a Frankies like product which I'm trying to make a dent in.

I got a bottle of Mrs H Ball's Hot Chutney Sauce for Xmas, South African. Not hot at all and I used it all up in a few days on tomato and beetroot sandwiches. Made my own beetroot as usual this year....got some more comin up soon.

If a selection called "After Death Sauce" is ever delivered to your door DO NOT try it. Don't even open the bottle.

It was so hot I cussed my friend out for 30 minutes. I coulda strangled him. Kira

New box showed up today.
Hoardables Cruel and Unusual Punishment, Char Man Brand Hot Sauce-Verde and Friendly Fire Tamarind and Ghost.

Haven't cracked open the bottles yet. I actually bought more of the Frankie V's Spooky White that came in the first box. That stuff is awesome.
The Hoardables LOOKS like the winner here but I won't know until I taste em. More soon.

OK... Finally tried the Friendly Fire and the Char Man. Both were great.
Tried the Friendly Fire on steak. It's a dark colored sauce that has coffee, cider vinegar, salt and chiles in it. Worked great. Good combo.
The Char Man is a green salsa. Tried it on a burrito I picked up at a local take out place near my house. Again, another win.

So... I haven't kept up on reporting the sauces. Tonight, my wife left me a handmade chicken pot pie for dinner and I was unsupervised during dinner so I broke out three sauces to have on this pot pie.

Hot Maple Smokey Habanero was the best on chicken pot pie. It had a smokey, sewwt, maple flavor with a perfect kick.
Friendly Fire Tamarind and Ghost Pepper was second
Crazy Good Gold Habanero Pepper Sauce was the hottest of the three but didn't work as well with this particular meal. I'll find what it works with.

Opened up the bottle of Hoardable Hot Sauce today. Took it to work to share with the fellow misfits. We tried it with mexican food. It is a ghost pepper sauce. It is HOT. We mixed about a tablespoon into a container of guacamole and enjoyed it with chips.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
...that's the gift that keeps on giving all year long, Clark.

It's become one of my favorite gifts ever.

I brought the Char Man Verde to work and we almost killed the whole bottle in two days. We're going to order six for the fridge. Stuff works well on a variety of foods. Great flavor, fair amount of heat.

My stepdaughter asked me if I'd like the same thing again this year for Christmas. Kinda wrong but she's very organized and wants to know in October. I don't care. I'd like to have this another year.

I'm into my third year getting this gift again and I am still enjoying it. I realized I neglected this thread.

The last box came a few days ago and it had Gator Hammock Swamp Mustard, Volcanic Peppers Spicy Ponzu Sauce and Secret Aardvark Serrabanero Green Hot Sauce.
I'm familiar with Gator Hammock's hot sauces and rubs but the mustard was new to me. Stuff is excellent on burgers, hot dogs, chicken and a Knish... In fact, it was AWESOME on the knish.
The Volcanic peppers sauce has soy, ginger, ghost and thai chilis. The recommended it with chinese and japanese food. Had it on some Chinese last night. Home run.
Haven't opened the Aardverk yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back