2016 Nissan Versa 4 speed auto - Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant find out anything on doing my drain and fills for this 4 speed auto. There is no dipstick but there is a drain plug on the bottom of the transmission pan. The versa forums have been no help. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

4 speed auto? I thought they only had a CVT or stick shift?

Edit: Just checked their website. Wow! A real transmission! When did this happen?

My 2015 versa note with cvt trans has a dipstick front of motor, filter bottom front of engine (fram ultra 6607) and drain plug directly under engine. factory reccomends 5000 mile oil changes

The four speed auto has a huge gas mileage penalty vs the CVT transmission. It is EPA rated 5 MPG less city and 5 MPG less highway.

But what is the real world penalty vs the epa test penalty?

the CVT will do much better at highway.

Of course if you have no confidence in the CVT (nissan/jatco was the worst)
The auto will be a good alternative.

If I was the owner since new I might not mind the CVT, if I was buying used.. over 4 years old I'd definitely prefer traditional auto.

Maxlife will work well in the 4-speed auto
smile.gif

Yea I hate the CVT personally so I sought out the 4 speed auto. Best MPG so far was 42.5. My running average at 4k miles is 38.5 so I'm fine with that.

The 4 speed auto has no dip stick for the tranny fluid unfortunately so that why I have looking for some help to see if anyone has done this yet. Looks like a cap possibly where the dip stick normally is. I will definitely use the ML ATF like I do in the Civic.

The owners manual doesn't mention a dipstick or how to check fluid, but to go to the dealer for servicing (I really hate how Nissan does that for the simple stuff). Is it possible that there's a fill-hole you have access to when you have the car on jackstands/ramps?

Not that I have seen. Looks like a standard tranny pan with a drain plug so at least that is good.

Here's something I found linked from a post on nicoclub.com - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzealkVupDpNYVdpWDBoY19QY1U/edit

It looks as if you need a special tool to drain & fill - newer Toyota ATs use a similar process. Personally, I'd look for a pressure vent on top of the unit, and fill from there while draining from the cooler hose, making sure you add the same amount you drain.

ETA: Here's the full nicoclub post http://forums.nicoclub.com/nissan-versa-sedan-2013-transmission-dipstick-t579538.html

Last edited:
Stealership wants $210 for a drain and fill and they charge $410 for a flush. Hopefully I can find a write up on a way to do this by myself so I dont have pay those ridiculous prices at the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back