lubegard biotech xle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it good and is it proven to work, and not hinder an oils additive package? anyone out there use it with success? how does it show up in a uoa, good or bad?

The oil additive? I love it. Adds Moly, Phos and Calcium. It doubled the interval between oil top ups on my old Crown Vic. I was topping up every 2500-2750 miles and now I add at around 5k miles.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
The oil additive? I love it. Adds Moly, Phos and Calcium. It doubled the interval between oil top ups on my old Crown Vic. I was topping up every 2500-2750 miles and now I add at around 5k miles.

None of that affects oil consumption.

I used lubegard biotech when i was doing only filter swap and top off. Just poured in oil filter and away i went. Highly regarded as the best in non-solid moly additive.

I'm running it in my PowerStroke currently. UOA in the spring. Helping? Maybe, my PS runs exceptionally well though, with n o stiction that seems to plague other owners. That's likely more due to hardy FICM voltage and Atlas flash than anything, but the extra boron and moly is not hurting the injectors at all.

Here is the UOA I posted awhile back from my 2010 Accord that had a healthy dose of Lubegard BioTech added to the crankcase....

I still use it every OCI

BioTech UOA

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws

None of that affects oil consumption.

Thats not the only thing in it. Thats just how it shows up in a UOA/VOA. It won't show their ester.
And yeah, it did help my oil consumption.

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
how much should i use in an engine, for example my ranger which holds 5 quarts and my dads 5.3 vortec which holds 6 quarts?

They recommend 3 ounces/qt. of oil.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It's on a very short list of additives I trust.

+1, I use it in all of my vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back