Ethonal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cleaned a quadrajet that i took apart. 4 months ago. It wasn't used much after i cleaned it but the fuel filter failed and it became full of dirt...

I discovered white calcium like Stuff all over the brass parts that i cleaned a few months ago.

There was stuff caked on the float resivor and powdery white stuff all over surfaces where fuel pools up.

Is this ethonal ?

I rebuilt my 98 s&s carb last year.( first rebuild in its life ). It gets a heavy does of tcw3 every tank. There was no white stuff anywhere.

This quadrajet didn't have any added the last few months after rebuild...

I had the same issue in some Honda OPE engines. It was the E absorbing water and causing that nastiness on the aluminum parts. Switched to non-E gas and no issues since. Local repair shop said it was real common.

Everyone talks about ethonal being bad and ruining fuel systems. I have never had such a thing happen that i could point to ethonal and say its the culprit. Even in the qjet situation i knew my float wasnt cclosing All the way due to dirt. But i did not expect to find "calcuim" or corrosion caked onto the fuel resivor and all the parts that sit in it......

Last edited:
Brass and aluminum. Or whatever pot metal they made the bodies out of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back