BMK 23-EA mounted on 2011 Ford Expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D9dwr

sksf5

A310
First of all I enjoyed the videos and pics you posted on your Power Stroke Diesel.
Here is my current situation,
I put the Dual Bypass Filter on in January and started using Amsoil Signature Series 5w-20.
After 25k miles I changed the full flow filter and sent in an oil sample to be tested. When the sample came back it said that the oil was still good and to retest in 65 hrs or 3500 miles. At 29k miles I sent in another sample to test. I got a pretty similar response. Send in another sample in 65 hrs or 3500 miles. When I added back 1 quart of fresh oil the TBN increased from 2.07 to 2.35. I plan on sending in another sample after 35k miles. When I change this oil I will post the full results.

That's impressive I hope I get those results on my 15 Silverado 1500 5.3. I just got bmk-23 also still need to install it. You mind posting your black stone results.

Last edited:
Shata
Congrats on your purchase of the BMK-23
Once you get the kit installed the hard work is over. I'll post all of my UOA results when this oil is spent. That should happen within the next 3-6 months.

Definitely can't wait to see yours and my UOA results. There isn't many people that run bypass on gasoline engines.

Shata
It's been pretty cool so far. The reason more people don't run bypass systems is for a variety of reasons.
1. Don't run enough miles
2. Don't keep vehicle long enough
3. Don't have the expertise to install
4. Don't understand the benefits/value
5. Haven't been exposed to BITOG
The dual bypass setup was a no brainer for me as I run 25k-40k miles of mostly highway miles a year.
I'm currently @ 36k miles, will most likely go to 50k miles when I change both the full flow and bypass filters.
I've done 3 UOA's so far. I'll post my results when I'm done with the run.
Lots of great resources available from guys like A310, myself and others. Feel free to ask for assistance.

Originally Posted By: Crusher

After 25k miles I changed the full flow filter and sent in an oil sample to be tested. When the sample came back it said that the oil was still good and to retest in 65 hrs or 3500 miles. At 29k miles I sent in another sample to test. I got a pretty similar response. Send in another sample in 65 hrs or 3500 miles. When I added back 1 quart of fresh oil the TBN increased from 2.07 to 2.35. I plan on sending in another sample after 35k miles. When I change this oil I will post the full results.

If your TBN is good, along with your wear metals, why change at a specific mileage? What do you consider the limiting factor?

BTW, nice looking setup.

For my 1st run of oil on my bypass filter/and Amsoil SS I'm gonna start totally fresh @ 50k miles, after that I'll plan to go as long as the TBN holds up. Great question by you and thanks for noticing my setup! Your work is exceptional

I put the Amsoil bypass universal mount BMK-21 on my 2014 Subaru WRX at 12,000 miles but haven't gotten to a oil change yet. I run Rotella T6 5W-40 in it. Will send off a sample to Blackstone when that time comes.

For my 1st run of oil on my bypass filter/and Amsoil SS I'm gonna start totally fresh @ 50k miles, after that I'll plan to go as long as the TBN holds up. Great question by you and thanks for noticing my setup! Your work is exceptional

Hey, thanks for your kind words, hope everything works for ya. In looking at the Frantz post (with 40K views) and reading there, I came across this:

Originally Posted By: SpencerHSS
Over time oil does break down, additives are depleted and lubricating properties are lost. Hot Shot's Secret produces a TBN Booster to raise the total base number of the oil, which replenishes detergents and dispersive additives, and helps oil keep being effective in neutralizing acids and breaking down dirt.

I have no idea if this is "Snake oil" or something effective...It is available on eBay from several sellers; http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XHot+Shot%27s+Secret+32oz+TBN+BOOSTER+.TRS5&_nkw=Hot+Shot%27s+Secret+32oz+TBN+BOOSTER+&_sacat=0

Anyone have UOA before & after using this stuff?

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil

Hey, thanks for your kind words, hope everything works for ya. In looking at the Frantz post (with 40K views) and reading there, I came across this:

Originally Posted By: SpencerHSS
Over time oil does break down, additives are depleted and lubricating properties are lost. Hot Shot's Secret produces a TBN Booster to raise the total base number of the oil, which replenishes detergents and dispersive additives, and helps oil keep being effective in neutralizing acids and breaking down dirt.

I have no idea if this is "Snake oil" or something effective...It is available on eBay from several sellers; http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XHot+Shot%27s+Secret+32oz+TBN+BOOSTER+.TRS5&_nkw=Hot+Shot%27s+Secret+32oz+TBN+BOOSTER+&_sacat=0

Anyone have UOA before & after using this stuff?

I was thinking of trying some of this product to see if it really worked but installed the Frantz unit instead.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back