Funny Craigslist ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that someone believes a repair (timing belt) adds value to the vehicle.

The msrp was $11k brand new and they have the gall to ask $2250 for it with a rebuilt title and body damage that costs More then half asking price to fix!

To boot this is [censored] cx bade model below others!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: madRiver

The msrp was $11k brand new and they have the gall to ask $2250 for it with a rebuilt title and body damage that costs More then half asking price to fix!

T-belt adds to value. Simply because you would deduct if it wasn't done. Initial price is irrelevant - used car pricing is based on what someone will pay now. What was the original price of a 1967 Shelby Cobra 427 - get my point? For $2250, you're buying reliability and transportation, not a beauty pageant winner - yeah, it's ugly - likely the bear didn't hurt it that much.

This car looks like a pile, but lets set that aside.

If you were looking at 2 otherwise equal vehicles say both at 100K and one had the timing belt done, one didnt.

All else being equal - wouldn't it stand to reason that the unit that had the needed service would carry a higher price than the one that didnt?

UD

Last edited:

A few months ago my parents sold a 1995 Honda civic DX hatchback (that thing had nothing for options! No A/C or power anything) for $2000. It has like 120k and quite a bit of quarter rust. Clean title though.

Civics of that vintage go for around $2000 here, but likely have nearly twice the miles. Sure, the paint is ugly, but in Indiana, we have rust.

The title wouldnt scare me one bit.. It wasnt wrecked.

I actually wish this was closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back