FCA MS-11106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, obviously I made mistake with Valvoline MST thinking it is A3/B3 B4. Do not know why I thought that, but never gave a thought since I was more interested in C3 when I was buying it.
Anyway, if you are under warranty, do what FCA is saying. If M1 Delvac ESP meets their recommendation I would go with that 100%.
I mean Delvac will do outstanding job when it comes to protection, but I am bit skeptical about DPF and CBU issues.
I am afraid this is way to patch engineering problem.

Thanks edyvw. I appreciate your recommendation.
I have Delvac 1 ESP 5W40 in the sump now and 2.5 gallons for the next change. If the DPF fails after 80,000 miles, I'll probably replace it withe a nice 3" pipe.
I still can't find any real information on MS-10902.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pb379
Thanks edyvw. I appreciate your recommendation.
I have Delvac 1 ESP 5W40 in the sump now and 2.5 gallons for the next change. If the DPF fails after 80,000 miles, I'll probably replace it withe a nice 3" pipe.
I still can't find any real information on MS-10902.

That oil looks great on the paper, and I bet it provides superb protection.
What I would do is run truck hard once oil reaches operating temperature. It is Italian engine. When I lived in Bosnia I had at one point Lancia Lybra 2.4JTD 5cyl Common Rail. I called it "killer." It had 150hp, but could easily reach 140mph.
The harder I drove it, the better engine did.
I do same thing with my X5. As soon as i reach temp. I just step on it. I force DPF regen by driving hard. Also, by driving hard you will do a lot more passive regen.

I just called my dealer re: my 2016 Ecodiesel 75th Anniversary Edition and he said that the tsb does not apply to my VIN... yet. If I brought my GC in for an oil change today, they would still put in the low-ash 5w30 since that's what the FCA Service Portal says. Yes, he sees that the TSB applies to my 2016 WK but not until the service portal is updated. He also said that they called in 3 extra techs last weekend to apply the TSB to all the Ram Ecodiesels sitting on the lot as well as the customer rigs that came in for the work.

Grrr...

It is the same portal as the RAM, but I don't have a subscription.

Originally Posted By: pb379
It is the same portal as the RAM, but I don't have a subscription.

That's what my post said. The RAM Ecodiesels are getting the new update but my Jeep Service Advisor said it doesn't apply to the Jeep Ecodiesels... yet. I was told to check back in a week or two. I suspect FCA is addressing the RAMs 1st since they're are more in service than the Jeep.

Update...

Unfortunately, this TSB does not apply to North America, only the rest of the world. Quoted from the tsb....

"NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries:
APAC (Asian-Pacific), EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) and LATAM (South & Central America)"

Check TSB 18-078-16 in this thread.
http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1...html#post129937

Quote:
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the Transmission Control Module (TCM). It also involves changing the engine oil with new 5W40 engine oil and applying a sticker to the engine oil filler cap. An addendum card will need to be added in the owner's manual.
MODELS:
2016 (WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee 2016 (DS) Ram 1500 Pickup
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 30, 2016 (MMDDHH 0630XX) and equipped with a 3.0L Diesel Engine (Sales Code EXF).

Last edited:
Stop by the dealership today and Good News!!! The update to 5w40 now applies to my 2016 CG EcoDiesel. Scheduled the oil change and ecm/tcm reflash for tomorrow morning. Ironically, the service writers brother bought a 2015 GC Ecodiesel and he's p_issed since according to FCA, the 2014-2015 model years will never be upgraded to 5w40. The ecm reflash reprograms the OLM and the tcm reflash raises the ZF's shift points.

Last edited:
Oops. Autocorrect got me.

*shows*

I should add that even though the prior years are getting the new oil, only the 2016 gets the flash update for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back