Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture is from 1943. This old farm house was built in the early 1700's and had three editions built to it prior to the Civil War. My grandmother is the lady at the right. Back in those days many funerals were held at the house.
As a kid this was a very spooky place. Knick knacks in the parlor room would move up and down the fireplace mantel and you would see shadows and hear many voices. This house was part of the "underground railroad" and its huge barns burned down in the Civil War.

I dug up this picture the other day and it was pretty much unknown. Sorry it is a picture of a picture but notice the open window up at the left....................

Is this house in Md? Near Antietam? Could it have been a makeshift hospital in Sept 1862?

Last edited:
Was located in Hockessin, Delaware and was tore down in the late 80's.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Is this house in Md? Near Antietam?

Not really it was everything. A civil war solider hung himself in the attic.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
^There goes my theory.

Are you talking about that little piece of dust or stray light in the photograph?

Because surely no one is actually so gullible as to believe in ghosts, the boogeyman, or other such paranormal nonsense paraded about by the charlatans who actually think that stuff is real.

My wife and I have a black ghost cat that has followed us to our last two apartments. We've both seen it a few times and even felt it rub against our legs in the kitchen on different occasions, initially thinking it was our cat. Nope. It's pretty cool.
smile.gif

Whatever works for you my friend.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Are you talking about that little piece of dust or stray light in the photograph?

Because surely no one is actually so gullible as to believe in ghosts, the boogeyman, or other such paranormal nonsense paraded about by the charlatans who actually think that stuff is real.

lol...The one lady was pretty big and hid the lady sitting on the steps...

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
I found the legs sticking out behind the old ladies to be pretty creepy.

There are still some people that don't believe in Ghosts.. Although i won't debate any of it with non believers..I happen to believe. Enough said..

Superstitious, medieval claptrap that kept millions enslaved to a clergy that spoon fed them smoke and brimstone mumbo jumbo to create dependency. And it goes on to this very day.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Superstitious, medieval claptrap that kept millions enslaved to a clergy that spoon fed them smoke and brimstone mumbo jumbo to create dependency. And it goes on to this very day.

Belief in a religion and belief in ghosts and the supernatural are not the same thing.

My sister had a ghost in her last house, it was not a scary situation at all. Her family grew to appreciate the guest. My little niece even asked if 'he' was coming when they moved to their new house. My sister 'invited' him to follow but 'he' did not.

My grandmother was born in Ireland, she moved to Canada when she was 11. She had stories of ghosts from her early days in Cork.

I see no problem believing in this aspect of life, in fact it's one of the questions I intend to ask about when I'm moved to the next stage
whistle.gif

Agreed Bottom_Feeder.......
I never believed in any of that either because it was unknown to me.
Once you have a few experiences that can not be explained you wise up.
I had those and no I'm not gullible and I'm also not happy to stick my head in the sand until it goes away.
I really think those that are the most vocal about denying things like this are the most afraid.

Let the people here that have died and returned educate us on what's real and not real.
You demand that from a silly little liquid substance on here, why treat this issue any different?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje

Belief in a religion and belief in ghosts and the supernatural are not the same thing.

I am a person that doesn't believe in things unless science, or my own senses, can explain it. Does that mean that certain things may exist that are hard to understand and can't always be explained? I would think so. Certainly not as frequently as all the cable shows and nutcases would have you believe though. Rational thought should always rule ones perceptions, but every once in a while something is seen or maybe even imagined that is hard to explain away. Myself, an atheist and an objectivist (if you want a label), have had an experience or two that would commonly be described as a ghost. Things like can that definitely give one pause and challenge your rational nature.

The photo above looks like a matter of distortion caused by either something on the lens or film. Most likely a bit of grit on the lens.

The Civil War soldier that took his life in the attic, left behind a young male son around 10 years-old, at the time of dad's death.
That's him just outside the upstairs window. I sense he's there on a spiritual visit to see his father, whom I also sense was trapped in that home (for unknown reasons).

At the time of this photo, the son's energy-level was very strong. Very little translucency or holographic transmission of him present there.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I am a person that doesn't believe in things unless science, or my own senses, can explain it. Does that mean that certain things may exist that are hard to understand and can't always be explained? I would think so. Certainly not as frequently as all the cable shows and nutcases would have you believe though. Rational thought should always rule ones perceptions, but every once in a while something is seen or maybe even imagined that is hard to explain away. Myself, an atheist and an objectivist (if you want a label), have had an experience or two that would commonly be described as a ghost. Things like can that definitely give one pause and challenge your rational nature.

Bingo. Both my wife and I are intelligent, rational people. Both atheists. And we've both seen/felt that ghost cat. :p

We both believe that there is more going on around us than we can see and we are both open to that on a scientific level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back