STP Oil Treatment, new version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold works. Whether its batteries, break pads, rotors, whatever.. The gold version is always superior and worthy of your money.

banana2.gif
Love that response. When it comes to additives just like the Olympics,gold wins lol. If this additive is something really special then it deserves a VOA. One which I have no energy,enthusiasm,or will to do and heaven knows will waste someone 28.00 and Blackstones time probably.

I would only buy if it was loaded with zinc like the old red bottles. STP continues to disappoint, the blue bottles, the gas additives, and the [censored] STP branded junk, that STP don't make.

Last edited:
Look at it this way.

Most (not all) OTC or third party additives simply ADD money to the coffers of the Manf. and do nothing to increase mpg or reduce wear.

For neglected engines, there are a few products out there that will clean engines.

Oil and filter changes using a quality oil is all 99.9999% of drivers need to properly maintain their engines.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
For neglected engines, there are a few products out there that will clean engines.

Based on your numbers of posts, it looks like you've been here for some time. What, in your opinion, are the products that will actually clean an engine? I'm having a hard time finding objective proof of anything. Or even strong evidence. There are a few things that I'm rather confident will keep an engine clean, but I don't know what will clean one once it's dirty.

(Just saw the date, too. Didn't realize that was on this forum. You have been here a long time.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OldEuroCarLover

Based on your numbers of posts, it looks like you've been here for some time. What, in your opinion, are the products that will actually clean an engine? I'm having a hard time finding objective proof of anything. Or even strong evidence. There are a few things that I'm rather confident will keep an engine clean, but I don't know what will clean one once it's dirty.

(Just saw the date, too. Didn't realize that was on this forum. You have been here a long time.)

He's one of the most knowledgeable people here, but please don't equate a person's post count with knowledge. Probably 3/4 of my posts are mocking other people's really dumb thoughts.

Look at it this way.

Oil and filter changes using a quality oil is all 99.9999% of drivers need to properly maintain their engines.

The air filter is more important than the oil filter.

15/40 heavy duty diesel oil will clean your motor.I put this oil in a 2005 Toyota Corolla.Was not comfortable with that choice of oil ,so I removed the oil a few days later,and I was shocked how dirty the oil was.All my vehicles are diesel,i don't know what I was thinking.

Short OCI's (3K Max) using an oil that is high in detergents will clean up sludge fairly quickly although it will take several OCI's to shift top end varnish deposits.
If you do not have any oil leaks. then a major brand flush additive (Liqui Moly, Castrol or Amsoil) that is designed for use at idle just before an oil & filter change will get the block cleaned up faster

We need to define clean.

If you want to maintain an engine's cleanliness that is say clean from the factory, use any modern high quality oil and filter and maintain the Pollution control system. Replace oil and filters at the Severe Service Interval defined in your OM.

Forget about STP and motor honey and others. These are for smokers.

If you have a neglected engine that is poor in performance and is sludged, products such as LC20 and Rislone Engine Treatment can added to the oil to remove sludge slowly. It depends on how hard the sludge is and how long it's been there.

If you have evidence of a carboned up engine, you can also try the "Flushes." These are added to the oil just before oil change. Do not leave these in the engine. Some such flushes are Berryman's B-12 and the Amsoil Flush - http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/ot...smission-flush/ .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back