Drivers
1. Lewis Hamilton, 232
2. Nico Rosberg, 223
3. Daniel Ricciardo, 151
Constructors
1. Mercedes, 455
2. Red Bull Racing, 274
3. Scuderia Ferrari, 252

For more including track data and video, be sure to check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

12_Italy_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Busy weekend of racing. Sprint Cup and xFinity are at Darlington. The Camping World Truck Series and the Pinty's Series are at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. WEC is in Mexico. IndyCar is at Watkins Glen. Lots of good racing on tap this weekend.

Yep, big race weekend indeed. I was running the S2000 at Watkins Glen on Monday and Tuesday and the Indy support trucks and teams were starting to arrive. By the time I pulled out on Tuesday afternoon they had cars on track.

Yeah. What is it, something like 13 years and 11 race wins?

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Verstappen met Charlie Whiting. His lack of maturity is showing in spades.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brad_C
I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Verstappen met Charlie Whiting. His lack of maturity is showing in spades.

All these kids go through this learning curve. I remember when Grosjean had to sit out a few races for aggressive driving, and causing wrecks. Remember when a much younger and immature Vettel took out both Webber and himself trying a stupid pass? Hamilton as much as admitted every young driver goes through this phase...... Including himself. They're kids are trying to prove themselves in a mans world. Sooner or later they grow up. Verstappen will be no different. The kid just got out of high school. And he making millions driving multi million dollar cars in a crowd at 200+ MPH. Of course he's going to wreck.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Brad_C

All these kids go through this learning curve. I remember when Grosjean had to sit out a few races for aggressive driving, and causing wrecks. Remember when a much younger and immature Vettel took out both Webber and himself trying a stupid pass? Hamilton as much as admitted every young driver goes through this phase...... Including himself. They're kids are trying to prove themselves in a mans world. Sooner or later they grow up. Verstappen will be no different. The kid just got out of high school. And he making millions driving multi million dollar cars in a crowd at 200+ MPH. Of course he's going to wreck.

I agree. I'm not sure I would have been as mature as Max has been when I was 18.

Originally Posted By: whip
I agree. I'm not sure I would have been as mature as Max has been when I was 18.

I'd already wrecked 2 cars by the time I was 18. And I never once drove on a track. Comes with the territory.

I never even thought of driving on a racetrack until I was 23. It helps a lot if you have a father that's been in the business. Jos Verstappen had some notoriety as a good F1 driver ~20 years ago.

Immaturity is fine, but when you are roundly criticised for being dangerous and you respond with "that's how I race, get used to it" you lose the respect of your peers. Formula 1 relies on respect and trust between drivers.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Does anyone know if they're reversing the grid with 16,437 grid spot penalties this week?

I still think Bernie should push reverse grids like mad, although as we previously discussed, his idea was overly complicated, but he simply has no choice. He has to provide three days of television.

As for Max, things will improve. But, he has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and his immaturity did show, not just in his driving, but in his responses. When he said that's the way he always did things, the journalists took that and went and interviewed people who drove with him in junior series, and found out he had the same complaints against him back then, too. So, he should have kept his mouth shut. Trash talking Villeneuve wasn't exactly brilliant, either.

I just wish NBCSN would get rid of both Buxton and Diffey. Their heavy accents make them very difficult to understand. And Buxton, with his high speed, non stop rambling on the grid, make him all but impossible to understand, let alone comprehend. Even Ecclestone couldn't wait to get away from the guy. He comes off like a Meth head who just drank 2 pots of Espresso after putting down the pipe. It was such a relief to listen to Brian Till instead of either of those two. Both Buxton and Diffey are like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back