Egg Casserole

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my favorite.
1 pound sausage, what ever flavor. I use sage.
1-Package seasoned croutons.
6 oz fresh shredded cheddar cheese.
4 oz fresh shredded Swiss cheese.
4 oz fresh shredded pepper jack cheese.
8 eggs
3.5 cups half and half.
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1.5 teaspoons of ground mustard.
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt.
1/4 teaspoon pepper.

One can sub any cheese you want and use milk instead of half and half. Or cream, done that, YUM.

In large skillet cook sausage until no longer pink.
Place croutons in 9x13x2 greased pan. Sprinkle sausage and cheeses over the cfroutons.
In large bowl combine the remaining ingredients, pour over the casserole.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a knive inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

sounds delicious. shouldn't it really be called a sausage and cheese casserole though? Way more of that than eggs.

Or a Sausage Egg and Cheese Casserole.
smile.gif

I'd be tempted to use 2% milk, one kind of cheese for simplicity, maybe nix all the egg yolks or use half the yolks, let's see what else, oh yeah some turkey/chicken sausage to lighten it up a little. That way I can keep it moving pretty good. I think that's why people look at me all the time, since they see 180 lbs moving at a fast clip.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
smile.gif

Yeah guys, Should be called that. It is so good!

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
smile.gif

I'd be tempted to use 2% milk, one kind of cheese for simplicity, maybe nix all the egg yolks or use half the yolks, let's see what else, oh yeah some turkey/chicken sausage to lighten it up a little. That way I can keep it moving pretty good. I think that's why people look at me all the time, since they see 180 lbs moving at a fast clip.
thumbsup2.gif

Oh yeah, you can sub anything.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back