2 stroke oil in diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put some Castrol Activ 2T (jaso fc) into my 2006 Toyota Prado D4D 1KDFTV at the ratio of 1:300.

What are your opinions on doing this at every fill versus every 2nd or 3rd fill with regards to lubricity of the high pressure pump and injectors?

Last edited:
It's pointless if you don't do it every fill. The lubricating layer gets scrubbed off after every start of the engine, and if there's no replacement molecules in the mix that's that.

Wether or not there's extra lubriation taking place tout court is another debate of course.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
It's pointless if you don't do it every fill. The lubricating layer gets scrubbed off after every start of the engine, and if there's no replacement molecules in the mix that's that.

Thanks man. That's what I wanted to know. Whether or not there is some lubrication left or if it gets scrubbed off after every start of the engine. Makes sense to keep up the additive.

Cheers.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
TCW3 is outboard two stroke and "ashless", so it doesn't generate metallic ash deposits during combustion. typical air cooled "racing" two strokes, while sounding flash, have the possibility of causing these deposits.

I wait until the Valvoline semi synthetic is on special at supercheap, and buy a big bottle at a time.

The link that you just posted makes sense.

I've read papers that indicate that friction modifiers in fuel make it to the region of the oil film around the top ring also, so may genuinely provide Upper Cylinder Lubrication.

Got a Navara with the ZD30, and have used a couple hundred ml religiously every tank full since new.

That had me remember a forum of Corvette owners. They experimented with oil for a top end lubricate to foster extra mileage. They determined that Pennzoil Synthetic Marine 2 cycle mixed at 3oz per 15 gallon was the sweet spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back