2007 Civic Wiper Blade Contact Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2007 Civic I recently inherited had a problem with the passenger side wiper where it refused to make contact with the middle portion of the windshield. At first, it seemed as though the wiper arm would have to be bent in order to regain full contact, however, upon further investigation, the wiper arm's hinge, due to its exposed design, had some moderate rust which prevented the blade from making full contact. After spraying the hinge at the bottom of the arm with silicon spray lubricant and working it around a bit, the wiper hit the windshield with a satisfying thwack, wiping the windshield perfectly.

This may also work on other Hondas/ vehicles with an exposed hinge, particularly newer models. Hope this helps someone avoid replacing an entire arm.

Last edited:
My daughter has that exact car. I have found the best option is to retain the factory set up and only replace the insert - the rubber portion reusing the original stainless inside the insert- with Honda OEM. The very long driver side (26" I think) is very difficult to get good contact with aftermarket blades. I'm getting 4 years good use in constant Calif sun. Good UV protection on OEM.

My almost 13 years old S2000 is on second wiper blades. The OEM blades lasted 8 years the current blades are in good condition after 4+ years, I think I can get another 3-4 years out of current blades.

I got good long service of my Honda blades because I removed it from the car and stored in garage from May to November. Why have wiper blades on the car for those months that have no chance of any rain ?

I agree, the OEM blade inserts are the way to go, the salt up here doesn't seem to bother them either. I'm sure the rest of the S2000 is equally well built, best Honda by far imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back